Beach bed vs. cabana (Labadee)

Hey all. I'm going to Labadee for the first time on our honeymoon. It seems like we can book a cabana on Nellie's beach for $395 or $495 depending on location. We can also book a beach bed for $195. (If they don't book up by the time we get on board we can get the Barefoot beach ones. This would probably be our first choice but I called yesterday and there's only 3 left on Nellie's beach so I want to nail that down and then upgrade if that's what we go with. There's 16 beach beds left so I'm not in a rush to get one of those.)

My question is, what is everyone's opinion? Are the beach bed's comfortable enough to be worth getting over the cabana? Is there anything the cabana comes with that the beach bed doesn't other than a ceiling fan and a different location?

Thanks in advance.

Below is my prior post from my Navigator review. I will add that the beach is better in front of the 1st maybe 10 beds, but there are still occasional big rocks.

LABADEE, HAITI – no protesters! We rented the bed on Adrenaline beach ($195). It was nice, but that beach is ROCKY. I would not go back for that reason. Maybe some of the other beaches were better. I love it that the drink package works here. The servers were awesome! We were the last bed & it is a long walk for them. My DH asked for 2 Coronas & he brought 4 to put in the cooler. I liked the Labadoozies LOL. The shopping in the building was no hassle, but look out when you go outside. They are aggressive. We had a security person stationed behind us near the basketball court. The zipliners went right over us, so that was fun. The BBQ was ok. The chicken was good but I’m not into hot dogs & hamburgers.

Thanks guys! The other question is what is available at Nelli's beach? All I see is a Beach Cabana ($395) and an over the water cabana ($495). I notice that even though I can't book it, barefoot beach has a Standard cabana for $295. Is there a cheaper option on Nelli's beach that I'm just not seeing, maybe because it's booked up?

Thanks guys! The other question is what is available at Nelli's beach? All I see is a Beach Cabana ($395) and an over the water cabana ($495). I notice that even though I can't book it, barefoot beach has a Standard cabana for $295. Is there a cheaper option on Nelli's beach that I'm just not seeing, maybe because it's booked up?

I am pretty sure you have to be in a suite to go on Barefoot Beach. Can anyone chime in?

I am pretty sure you have to be in a suite to go on Barefoot Beach. Can anyone chime in?

My understanding of it so far is that you can only pre-book barefoot beach cabanas if you're in a suite, but if there are any open when you get on board you can snag them.

Edited by gar90

Yes you have to be in a suite to access Barefoot Beach. To book a cabana, you must be in a suite or Pinnacle. The concierge emails those in suites and asks them if they are interested in a cabana. If there are any left, diamond plus have priority. I don't think there are usually any Barefoot Beach cabanas left, but when you get on board you can try and contact the concierge.

Yes you have to be in a suite to access Barefoot Beach. To book a cabana, you must be in a suite or Pinnacle. The concierge emails those in suites and asks them if they are interested in a cabana. If there are any left, diamond plus have priority. I don't think there are usually any Barefoot Beach cabanas left, but when you get on board you can try and contact the concierge.

That is what I thought. Thank you for clarifying. :)

Just left labadee yesterday. The over water cabanas were discounted to $350 or so. I guess no one was booking them and they were open to anyone to book hence the "discount". Could be because we were the only ship in port and only had about 1950 passengers.

I had an over the water cabana on barefoot beach. It was just great. You get two lounge chairs in the front (outside) and a u shape I cushion couch in side

. It has a ceiling fan and a cooler filled with bottled water. You also get a cabana boy to get you drinks. You get two floating boards to use in the water. The cabana is great, Over the water all you do us go down the stairs to the water. Best beach day I ever had. And on Barefoot beach you get upscale buffet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bare foot beach cabanas are for suite guests first. But because this cruise had soft bookings and availability they opened them to anyone and even had to offer a discount. I walked by on the way to adrenaline beach and it was not crowded at all (barefoot beach). I donot know if all the over water cabanas were rented out even with the discount.

Which beach were you on?

I walked around from columbus to adrenaline and back. I didnt stay at any beach or get into the water. This was the most uncrowded i have ever seen at labadee. Last oct we were on the indy and that is double the passengers compared to grandeur. Last june we were on the freedom and another ship was at labadee and labadee was very crowded.