Escape - Where do you sign up for the comedy shows?

Shelby210

Where do you sign up for the comedy shows and do you need to do that immediately after boarding to get to see a show?

Download iConcierge before you leave home and activate it while waiting to board. I booked our comedy shows as soon as it linked us to the ship as we were at the port and checked in at 9:30 to have early boarding for Vibe passes, when I initially signed in, it still had the disembarked passenger names.

Write down what you booked -- not sure if it was the fact that I booked as folks were still disembarking or that I have a galaxyS6 but the dates and times didn't save. Those with iPhones didn't seem to have any issues.

Or you can book as soon as you board using any screen on board or from your room.

Where do you sign up for the comedy shows and do you need to do that immediately after boarding to get to see a show?
j

Agree with 17cruisers to book shows quickly, especially the free comedy shows, they filled up quickly I learned, and only got to see one of them! On the TV in your room, there is a screen that said "my vacation planner" or something like that, and it had an icon of a notebook - it would show all of your reservations including dinner, shore excursions, shows be it free or paid - it had this schedule by day, so it made it easy to keep up with. I never noticed it on my app, it may be on there?

I had gone to the Box Office to ask for a printout of my schedule, and they told me about the planner on the TV. He wouldn't give me a printout though!!

Hope this helps! Enjoy your cruise!

The system should only allow you to reserve seats at one of the comedy shows. Although, last time we were on the Escape, it allowed us to reserve seats at multiple showings of the MDQ. We always go standby to the Comedy shows on other nights,,,, we have never had a problem getting in (may not be the best seats, but they are seats).

We normally use the touch screens the the public areas to make most of our reservations onboard (pre-booking before departure is strongly recommended for things that are available).

wrt the My Vacation Planner screen on your stateroom TV,,,, it is very poorly integrated with shows/dinner reservations/excursions pre-booked before departure. This was true on the earliest days it was introduced on the Epic 6 years ago,,, and the poor integration continues on to today. Some things show up. Some don't.

Last year on the Epic, we were only able to book one comedy show, so make sure you choose the time slot you really want to see (i.e., 7pm family show vs. 11pm adult show). Go standby for any others.

There only appears to be two 11pm comedy shows (on the Escape that is), so if you want to go to that one, book it asap when you board.

Edited by ilovetotravel1977

I agree, book as soon as you can because they do fill up. The 9:00 pm show was the first to sellout. It helps to have your planner with you so you know your specialty dining times, theater show, etc. for any conflicts. We booked an 11:00pm comedy show then realized we had After Midnight booked at 10:00 pm. We decided to see if we could get into the 7:00pm After Midnight show and was able to walk right in even thought it showed sold out on the reservation screens. As a side note, we always got a seat when we did the stand by option. It seemed most people got into the theater in the stand by line also. They hold about 5 rows of seats on the left side of the theater for Haven and VIP guests and if they're not filled about 5 minutes before show time open them to anyone.

If have two cabins does it let you make a reservation for 4 (like dining) or more like when booking excursions and need to go under each reservation number and select names to book?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If have two cabins does it let you make a reservation for 4 (like dining) or more like when booking excursions and need to go under each reservation number and select names to book?

If I am remembering correctly, I had to book each room separately - one using my phone app and one using my husband's.

Where can I find the comedy shows schedule? I would love to look at it in advance so I can decide when to book my dinner reservations.

Thank you!

These can vary cruise to cruise. Sometimes there are 2 comedians, sometimes 3. The comedians only have 1 or 2 week contracts, so schedules change regularly. You can look at previous freestyle dailies to give you an idea, but keep in mind that it will likely be different for your cruise.

Are you only allowed to reserve one show or can you reserve as many as you like?

We will usually reserve one, then just wander into others from the standby line. I'm not sure I've ever been in a full comedy show.

Maybe you guys know this already but I just learned from reading Escape Dailies (thanks Yorkvillian) that most of the comedy shows are in "Headliners" and say "reservations required" but there are also 2 shows "with all new material" showing day 5 in the big theater and says "reservations are not required".

I assume the ones in the theater would be much easier to get into if shut out on reservations for smaller venues.

We haven't been on NCL for 3 years. We have one booked for a year form now. WHEN did they start requiring reservations for shows? :eek: :mad: What is this company doing???? This is crazy. First I hear they make you pay a fee for a better meal, in the MDR. Now this? NUTS!!!! :rolleyes: I am platinum, but if this next cruise doesn't suit, it will be our last with NCL.

Someome please tell me these things are not as bad as they sound! :rolleyes:

We haven't been on NCL for 3 years. We have one booked for a year form now. WHEN did they start requiring reservations for shows? :eek: :mad: What is this company doing???? This is crazy. First I hear they make you pay a fee for a better meal, in the MDR. Now this? NUTS!!!! :rolleyes: I am platinum, but if this next cruise doesn't suit, it will be our last with NCL.

Someome please tell me these things are not as bad as they sound! :rolleyes:

Several years ago they started this. It's only on the big ships that have the Broadway-style production shows that play a few nights per week. They want to ensure that all 4200 people on board have an opportunity to see the shows. Without reservations, it would be a huge disaster. Be irrational about it all you want, but it's a good thing. The other option is to wait in line for an hour several times a cruise hoping I make it in. That doesn't sound fun to me.

Edited by LrgPizza

Several years ago they started this. It's only on the big ships that have the Broadway-style production shows that play a few nights per week. They want to ensure that all 4200 people on board have an opportunity to see the shows. Without reservations, it would be a huge disaster. Be irrational about it all you want, but it's a good thing. The other option is to wait in line for an hour several times a cruise hoping I make it in. That doesn't sound fun to me.

Hmmmm, interesting! From other threads I have been reading, the bigger ships have more cabins, and not always more space? Not having been on a ship bigger than 3500, and preferring 2500 and less, maybe this is more an issue of the mega ships?

I have purposely gone to the theaters a 1/2 hour early on any cruise, to get a decent seat for the shows. I didn't find that to be a problem. Been cruising many times for several years, and haven't found this to be a problem. So, wondered why it needed to be fixed? Mega- ship difference, maybe? :confused: And someone was talking about the comedy club? Reservations for that, too?

Just off escape. Go to box office to book any shows that were not available to pre book online before your cruise. We went right away and got the comedy shows we wanted to add

We haven't been on NCL for 3 years. We have one booked for a year form now. WHEN did they start requiring reservations for shows? :eek: :mad: What is this company doing???? This is crazy. First I hear they make you pay a fee for a better meal, in the MDR. Now this? NUTS!!!! :rolleyes: I am platinum, but if this next cruise doesn't suit, it will be our last with NCL. Someome please tell me these things are not as bad as they sound! :rolleyes:

Reservations for shows on large ships started 6 years ago with the launch of the Epic. So,,, it was around the last time you cruised on NCL.

It is a WONDERFUL concept used on large ships to help reduce crowding and help keep happy guests. As the ships get larger (4000+ passenger), you can't afford to keep making your public venues bigger and bigger. And rather than having people turned away from shows, NCL implemented a simple reservation system. Works great!

Book a show in advance or show up and go stand-by. When you show up for a stand-by seat, if there are still unreserved seats, you are allowed in immediately. If the show is sold out, you wait until 10 minutes before show time and take a seat. We have gone to the main theater and comedy shows (almost every night) stand-by and have always got a seat.

wrt to the MDR, you get a full main dining room menu. Choice of multiple appetizers, entrees, and desserts. Similar to upgrading your dining experience with the cocktail of the day,,, NCL offers you two upgraded additional options: a whole 1 3/4 lbs lobster or a surf and turf (8 oz filet and lobster tail) (this was on the Escape). So, if you ignore the 3-4 lines for the optional upgraded lobster dinner, the MDR menu looks the same as it always has. What a GREAT idea! For those who want something special without dragging the whole family to a specialty restaurant, you can now get it in the MDR.

wrt making dinner reservations, I can remember doing that 10 years ago on Princess, making reservations for dinner in their themed main dining rooms (i.e. not specialty restaurants). And the concept of having upcharge specialty restaurants goes back well over 10 years ago.

Edited by BirdTravels

Reservations for shows on large ships started 6 years ago with the launch of the Epic. So,,, it was around the last time you cruised on NCL.

It is a WONDERFUL concept used on large ships to help reduce crowding and help keep happy guests. As the ships get larger (4000+ passenger), you can't afford to keep making your public venues bigger and bigger. And rather than having people turned away from shows, NCL implemented a simple reservation system. Works great!

Book a show in advance or show up and go stand-by. When you show up for a stand-by seat, if there are still unreserved seats, you are allowed in immediately. If the show is sold out, you wait until 10 minutes before show time and take a seat. We have gone to the main theater and comedy shows (almost every night) stand-by and have always got a seat.

wrt to the MDR, you get a full main dining room menu. Choice of multiple appetizers, entrees, and desserts. Similar to upgrading your dining experience with the cocktail of the day,,, NCL offers you two upgraded additional options: a whole 1 3/4 lbs lobster or a surf and turf (8 oz filet and lobster tail) (this was on the Escape). So, if you ignore the 3-4 lines for the optional upgraded lobster dinner, the MDR menu looks the same as it always has. What a GREAT idea! For those who want something special without dragging the whole family to a specialty restaurant, you can now get it in the MDR.

wrt making dinner reservations, I can remember doing that 10 years ago on Princess, making reservations for dinner in their themed main dining rooms (i.e. not specialty restaurants). And the concept of having upcharge specialty restaurants goes back well over 10 years ago.

Thanks! Sounds like it works better on the bigger ships. I booked the Epic, without realizing it was a larger ship! :o :rolleyes: Haven't been on one, so was surprised at the differences and comments!

So, we are in for a new experience! :D I have never had a bad cruise, always mostly positive. So, think we can make this one work, too! :)

Thanks to all for your explanations!