Newbie Cruiser review of the Escape

packer99

We went with my family. Many family members had cruises before.

Highlights: Embarkation was super easy. We arrived at port at 11:40am and we were eating lunch by 12 :40pm. Disembarkation was also super easy but we weren't in a rush either.

Our room was 13262 and my parents were next door. Our cabin steward immediately took down the balcony wall. That was nice since we had our 11 year old with us. The bed was very comfortable.

We ate the buffet, Savor, Taste, Osheehans and Manhattan. The service at Savor wasn't great, Osheehans was ok. Taste and Manhattan were excellent. We didn't feel the need to go to the specialty restaurants. But my sister in law said the sushi at food Republic was awesome.

We did taxi tours at all the ports. We also visited a beach on St Thomas. Thought Tortola port is so new, sort of boring, but in 2-3 years it will be nice.

We had the UBP. We thought it was well worth it. We didn't have a problem getting my son a soda off our card. In fact, a few favorite bartenders, would automatically just give him one.

The only lowlight I would say is that the service at Savor and Osheehans could have been better. It took us over 2 hours to have a meal at Savor. There were also many kids on board but we found out that Quebec had spring break.

Motion: As a first-time cruiser, I had no idea what to expect. I didn't think it was bad at all. There was one night seemed more of a vibration but it wasn't horrible. My parents have cruised 10 times and they thought it was normal. We did feel it more at the buffet but that was deck 16. The ships captain said at a Technical Questions & A we attended, that Jan & Feb are the worst months for motion because of the currents in the ocean. So we were at the tail end of that season.

I should mention, we cancelled our After Midnight show. My brother and sister in law went. They said it was terrible. They singing wasn't bad, they said the story was hard to follow and there was vulgar language. They almost walked out.

We went with my family. Many family members had cruises before.

Highlights: Embarkation was super easy. We arrived at port at 11:40am and we were eating lunch by 12 :40pm. Disembarkation was also super easy but we weren't in a rush either.

Our room was 13262 and my parents were next door. Our cabin steward immediately took down the balcony wall. That was nice since we had our 11 year old with us. The bed was very comfortable.

We ate the buffet, Savor, Taste, Osheehans and Manhattan. The service at Savor wasn't great, Osheehans was ok. Taste and Manhattan were excellent. We didn't feel the need to go to the specialty restaurants. But my sister in law said the sushi at food Republic was awesome.

We did taxi tours at all the ports. We also visited a beach on St Thomas. Thought Tortola port is so new, sort of boring, but in 2-3 years it will be nice.

We had the UBP. We thought it was well worth it. We didn't have a problem getting my son a soda off our card. In fact, a few favorite bartenders, would automatically just give him one.

The only lowlight I would say is that the service at Savor and Osheehans could have been better. It took us over 2 hours to have a meal at Savor. There were also many kids on board but we found out that Quebec had spring break.

Motion: As a first-time cruiser, I had no idea what to expect. I didn't think it was bad at all. There was one night seemed more of a vibration but it wasn't horrible. My parents have cruised 10 times and they thought it was normal. We did feel it more at the buffet but that was deck 16. The ships captain said at a Technical Questions & A we attended, that Jan & Feb are the worst months for motion because of the currents in the ocean. So we were at the tail end of that season.

Interesting...

I also attended the Technical Q&A from the FEB-20 cruise where the same question was asked. The captain seemed as if he wanted to avoid the question and simply responded with "the bigger the ship...the more motion is felt"

Why would there be different answers?

Brian

Interesting...

I also attended the Technical Q&A from the FEB-20 cruise where the same question was asked. The captain seemed as if he wanted to avoid the question and simply responded with "the bigger the ship...the more motion is felt"

Why would there be different answers?

Brian

I would think any of these answers would fall under pretty much same answer/reason. Maybe captain mixes up his answers.

Wind , waves, water, taller ship all make it rock more.