MDR Table Assignment

jolyroger

I was just curious how do you get a table in the MDR on the first level and in front ? Is it by being a certain status (platinum, etc) cabin number, number of people in your party. Or is it luck of the draw? Was always curious about how it is set where your seated. We always have early dining and always a party of 10 in our group. Every cruise for the past 6 have been upper floor , which isn't a problem . Hubby and I are cruising just us two for our 20th and was wondering how does one get a table on the first floor....Thanks for any info

Where in the dining room is a great/desirable location and why? We (11 so far) will be on the Glory in June.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Being next to a window is nice. Other than that I have not noticed a big difference, but I have never been on the second floor.

Only time we had a terrible seat was our first cruise on the Dream in 2010. The room we were in was to me kinda like an "after thought" room. It was in the MDR but in a totally separate area. Very secluded. I mean our service was great but the room, was weird. Any dining room activities , the dancing , singing and such we never seen or heard..Honestly we knew nothing about it (being our first Carnival Cruise)till we got home and read other Dream Reviews. So since then we do contact John H and he's Extremely helpful. It is great to have a window seat or to be close to the glass railing to see down on the first floor. But we've never had a terrible area. Just always wondered how people get so close to all the action so to speak

It's not the LOCATION of your table that will make dinner special...it's the COMPANY at your table!

We were once seated in (what I thought would be) a horrible location....turns out our tablemates were so much fun, we never noticed where we were sitting! It happened to be by the kitchen doors....our food was always fresh and hot...and the company was fantastic! Glad I didn't ask to be seated elsewhere!

Only time we had a terrible seat was our first cruise on the Dream in 2010. The room we were in was to me kinda like an "after thought" room. It was in the MDR but in a totally separate area. Very secluded. I mean our service was great but the room, was weird. Any dining room activities , the dancing , singing and such we never seen or heard..Honestly we knew nothing about it (being our first Carnival Cruise)till we got home and read other Dream Reviews. So since then we do contact John H and he's Extremely helpful. It is great to have a window seat or to be close to the glass railing to see down on the first floor. But we've never had a terrible area. Just always wondered how people get so close to all the action so to speak

How do you contact him?

I contacted him on his FB page, a week before our cruise. He Got Back to us very quick

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Do you just write a post on his page? I don't see a way to private message him.

It's not the LOCATION of your table that will make dinner special...it's the COMPANY at your table!

We were once seated in (what I thought would be) a horrible location....turns out our tablemates were so much fun, we never noticed where we were sitting! It happened to be by the kitchen doors....our food was always fresh and hot...and the company was fantastic! Glad I didn't ask to be seated elsewhere!

So true.:)