VEENDAM Post Dry Dock

wesport

October 2017 is a long way to go.

Regardless when they may plan to take the ship out of the fleet, planned maintenance goes on and work as required by Class. If there is a possibility that the ship goes to another to Carnival line... as in P&O Australia.... then works goes on as normal.

We had our first HAL cruise on the Veendam last May, and we liked it so much we booked the 9 night Atlantic Coast cruise coming up in April, again on the Veendam. I'm not saying the Veendam is the only HAL ship we will ever choose to cruise, but we had a good time. I guess this is one of those situations where YMMV. Personally I am bummed to have discovered the smaller ships of HAL just about when they are ready to be retired, and now the ship building for cruise ships is tending toward building mega behemoths, exaggeration intended. We consider the food and service on the Veendam to be a step up from what we were getting on NCL, just our honest opinions. If you think she's ready to be shipped off to a third world country (no exaggeration there I'm sure LOL) there are many other HAL ships and other cruise lines that may suit your exacting standards.

Lorie

Edited by galensgrl
add information

We did a 15 night to Hawaii over a year ago, and had no problems. Actually, it was one of our best cruises. Had an initial problem with the thermostat on embarkation day, but it was fixed in hours.

Hi Wesport, I just booked the 15 night April 9th Veendam too. I was also curious about what they were going to do in the drydock. Looking foward to this cruise,but will have to get adjusted to a smaller ship. My last cruise last fall was on Carnival Dream,over 3600 passengers. I am from Illinois,where may I ask are you from? Bye for now,Kendra P.S. You can join the roll call for this date,small roll call so far.

Hi Kendra,

Only found out she was going to drydock after I booked the cruise. Found out from the link on cruise critic. Live in Fort Lauderdale, so just take a cab to the port. Normally drydock is primarily to freshen carpets, curtains, etc. If anyone has any info , let us know. Inquiring minds want to know.