Jogging track on the Independence of the Seas

Any feedback on the jogging track on the Indy? It looks like its up on 12 in basically all sun? True? Congested?

Any chance there's a way to run lower on like a promenade that goes all the way around even if it's not marked? Really don't want to drag sneakers if there's no really good place! Last time I ran up in the sun, I felt like I'd pass out and running 3 miles is like 1000 laps...

If you'd rather not run outdoors where you may experience actual sunshine, you might consider running on a treadmill at the gym. They have very good equipment and you can't beat the views of the ocean.

I don't think anyone is going to stop you from running elsewhere on the ship but in my opinion it's really not fair to those who are sitting there and enjoying the peace and quiet of the ocean. The running track on 12 and the treadmills in the gym are really where people should run, pretty simple. :)

If you are a morning person (or might need to become one!), it's really nice to use the track early in the morning before it gets too hot and before people have moved the loungers into the track. Early morning workouts are great.

Any feedback on the jogging track on the Indy? It looks like its up on 12 in basically all sun? True? Congested?

Any chance there's a way to run lower on like a promenade that goes all the way around even if it's not marked? Really don't want to drag sneakers if there's no really good place! Last time I ran up in the sun, I felt like I'd pass out and running 3 miles is like 1000 laps...

I can assure you that I wont be congesting the running track nor the gym equipment. I break out in a sweat walking anywhere near the gym.

I don't think anyone is going to stop you from running elsewhere on the ship but in my opinion it's really not fair to those who are sitting there and enjoying the peace and quiet of the ocean. The running track on 12 and the treadmills in the gym are really where people should run, pretty simple...
While I totally agree with your appraisal of where one should run ON Independence, another place that quite a number of people get their running in is coming down the pier as the gangway is being pulled in:D

Never been on the Independence. If her jogging track is indeed on the exposed deck 12, it would parallel my experience on the Explorer, which involved constantly having to dodge people walking on the jogging track and groups of people spilling over from the walking track into the jogging track because they were walking 2-3 abreast. Overtaking space was limited too since the loungers were laid out on both sides of the track. It was not fun and i did my runs on the treadmill in the gym for the rest of the voyage. If you are worried about the sun i suggest running in the evening, just before dinner. It would be cooler and you might get to see a lovely sunset!

Was on Indy in September. The running deck is on deck 12, and 100% exposed to sun. On my nearly full adult sailing, it was a bit crowded along the sides on sea days. Otherwise, it was fine.

I could see more than enough dodging of passengers, but controlling the time of day that you run would fix that.

Happy sailing!

I recall a wind tunnel effect on the jogging track right near the main doors to the deck in the centre of the ship. If you can get through that, everything else is good. Rather close to the lounge chairs in spots, but as others have said, choose your run times carefully.

If you want to avoid lounge chairs, you need to run early morning.. There simply isn't enough space on the pool deck for all the loungers once folks start using them. They push the loungers so tightly together, that in order to actually ACCESS them, you MUST move them. The pool folks aren't trying to be rude...it's just that there's no other way to do it!