Freedom Internet Package Question

I thought I read somewhere that if you buy an internet package, you can share? For example, we have 2 rooms booked, with 4 adults and 3 kids in our family. We would like to be able to share the internet without buying separate packages for both rooms. I believe I read somewhere that we can use 4 devices at a time between our 2 rooms. However, if we register 4 devices, can we only use on those 4 or if we sign off those devices, we can use on others?

Here is what the website says. Can someone clarify? Thanks!

OVERVIEW

Surf, share and stay connected for only $10 per device per day!

With the ultimate family package, your whole family can email friends, surf the web and share pictures of your incredible cruise adventure.

This package provides you unlimited internet access for 4 devices while onboard.

Thank you! I thought so but wanted to make sure we weren't restricted.

I also assume there is tax even on the internet package. For $40 per day - it is $350!

But it doesn't make sense bc if I add the 2 device package for $30/day - it is only $210.

Seems the 4 device should only be $280?? Why does it show $350?

guess I'll have to call...

Edited by PattyCruiser2013

So, I called RCI to see why the website is charging $350 for 7 days if it says $40/day for 4 devices (which should be $280!). They couldn't figure it out either!!! Nor could they fix it. They said they are reporting to "management" to get it fixed but that I could do it onboard. I don't want to do it onboard - I want to do it ahead of time so I don't have to worry about that stuff on board - or fight with someone about the price. I'll try again a few times. Otherwise, will be trying onboard!

Has anyone else used the 4 device plan on Freedom!

If you sign up prior, you can't take advantage of any C&A discounts. We always wait and get the package once onboard. It really is very simple and worth waiting IMO.

Sorry - I see people referring to "C&A discounts" but what is that exactly? What is the discount usually?

Since the 4 device is already at a "discount" ($10 per device) do they usually discount that one more?

When/where do you sign up? Can you try to logon on your device and sign up directly or do you have to stand in line on the first day and have someone sign you up?

Thanks! ;)

Sorry - I see people referring to "C&A discounts" but what is that exactly? What is the discount usually?

The discount varies based on your Crown & Anchor level. For Diamond level, I believe it's $40 off a package. I'm not sure about other levels.

Since the 4 device is already at a "discount" ($10 per device) do they usually discount that one more?

Yes, the Crown & Anchor coupon would be applied on top of the package price.

When/where do you sign up? Can you try to logon on your device and sign up directly or do you have to stand in line on the first day and have someone sign you up?

Just connect to the "royal-wifi" network when you're onboard and sign up from your device. There's no need to get a human involved.

You'll enter your name and folio number (from your SeaPass card), and any appropriate discounts should appear and be applied automatically to the packages' prices.

The discount varies based on your Crown & Anchor level. For Diamond level, I believe it's $40 off a package. I'm not sure about other levels.

Yes, the Crown & Anchor coupon would be applied on top of the package price.

Just connect to the "royal-wifi" network when you're onboard and sign up from your device. There's no need to get a human involved.

You'll enter your name and folio number (from your SeaPass card), and any appropriate discounts should appear and be applied automatically to the packages' prices.

Thanks. This will be our 3rd sailing on RCI, so we aren't at that level! I wonder if we'd get any discount at all. I'll check out. Thanks!