Sailing in Studio Cabin 11519 on November 20, 2016

travelady65

Hi Everyone....

I am going to be on the Breakaway Thanksgiving Sailing on November 20, 2016... I will be sailing solo in a studio cabin 11519....My question is has anyone sailed in studion cabin 11519....would like to know if it is in a good section.... also can you tell me your experience sailing in a solo cabin..... how was the priviate lounge that they do have..... and would you sail in a studio cabin in the future..... this is my first time ever sailing in a studio cabin, that should explain why all the questions....also it is the first time i am sailing the Breakaway.....

I have not sailed on the Breakaway but I have sailed on The Getaway several times in a Studio cabin including over Thanksgiving. You will have a great time.

I love being in a Studio. One of the things I love is that you can adjust the blinds to the window (looking out to the hallway), so that one can look in and you can use the light from the hallway as a night night. These are inside cabins, so they can be very dark.

I do not use the Studio Lounge very much, but it is a private gathering place and you can sign up for dinner dates and other activities.

The Breakaway should be full of people over Thanksgiving. If you are a football fan, there will be games on the screen in the Atrium and FREE hot dog stand most of the day. At least there was on The Getaway. Ate way too many hot dogs and barely could eat a traditional Thanksgiving dinner (complete with green bean casserole) in the Main Dining Room.

Have a great cruise.

Meant to say that no one can clearly see into your cabin. You can completely black out your cabin if you wish.

Remember to leave your room key or something similar in the holder inside your door, so that you can have power- nothing in the slot equals no power.

I just had a studio on the Breakaway - perfect for 1 person. Ton of storage - though I wish there was a drawer versus all shelves. More outlets and lighting options than a typical cabin. I loved the whole experience and met amazing people.

A word on cabin selection - pick a cabin on exterior wall versus one that has another studio behind it. I heard every flush from my neighbor behind me - thought they had noro that's how often it flushed. I'd also pick a cabin closer to the lounge as it was never crowded or loud in there except for like evening meeting time. I wrote a review if you are interested:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2323610

Hi Everyone....

I am going to be on the Breakaway Thanksgiving Sailing on November 20, 2016... I will be sailing solo in a studio cabin 11519....My question is has anyone sailed in studion cabin 11519....would like to know if it is in a good section.... also can you tell me your experience sailing in a solo cabin..... how was the priviate lounge that they do have..... and would you sail in a studio cabin in the future..... this is my first time ever sailing in a studio cabin, that should explain why all the questions....also it is the first time i am sailing the Breakaway.....

I was in a Studio on deck 10 last month for 14 days. Lots of shelving, space and the full size bed is comfy. Only one outlet so had to do charging at different times.

I really like the Studio Lounge and many of us hung out from time to time enjoying the specialty coffees and conversation. There's the option at night to grab a cup of hot tea before going to bed or first thing in the morning getting a coffee and bringing it back to the cabin. All without having to walk all the way to the buffet restaurant. Hopefully Antawn, the Studio Host, will still be on board. He was great setting up shows and dinners. As someone else mentioned, Thanksgiving football will be on the big screen in the Atrium. But there is limited seating when there is a lot of interest. For the Super Bowl, the Atrium was sold out (LOL), so about 6 of us watched the game in the Studio Lounge.

Edited by IrieBajan54