Live from Freedom of the Seas March 6, 2016

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question. Was on Freedom 3/6-3/13. Did anyone return home with flu like symptoms, a cough that has lasted over three weeks and now just tired.

Have spoken to others we met on cruise, cabins on different decks, did not sit together for meals but they where ill in the same manner.

Quick question. Was on Freedom 3/6-3/13. Did anyone return home with flu like symptoms, a cough that has lasted over three weeks and now just tired.

Have spoken to others we met on cruise, cabins on different decks, did not sit together for meals but they where ill in the same manner.

This virus is all over -- I think I got it after 1-10-2016 FR cruise; thought I had licked but it came back when I was working outside with strong winds and cold as well as little sleep. However, lots of folks here in SC got it and were not anywhere near FR or other ships. It is this year's bad, mutated virus. It took 2 Z-Pacs to knock it out and I still coughed for 3 weeks. My friend got such a bad ear infection from it that she had to go to the ER with vertigo and still has lingering issues. It is all over the southeast and probably the US as far as I know.

This virus is all over -- I think I got it after 1-10-2016 FR cruise; thought I had licked but it came back when I was working outside with strong winds and cold as well as little sleep. However, lots of folks here in SC got it and were not anywhere near FR or other ships. It is this year's bad, mutated virus. It took 2 Z-Pacs to knock it out and I still coughed for 3 weeks. My friend got such a bad ear infection from it that she had to go to the ER with vertigo and still has lingering issues. It is all over the southeast and probably the US as far as I know.

I had the cough for about 5 weeks, and one Z-Pack.

[quote name='Megan07']Following as I'm on Freedom may 1 eastern Caribbean. Little nervous about the seas[/QUOTE]

I understand being nervous, my daughter and husband got sea sick on the Freedom once. But I went and got those pressure point bracelets from the gift shop and voila, all better. So now every cruise I get them beforehand so they're cheaper, but for my family at least they're little miracles. Hope you have a great cruise[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app