Does it have to be over so soon?

Hi All!

Just wondering what you do to bring back some of the cruise time moments with you? Is it a scent, drink, song, picture, some sand from a beach?

Lady Anna

Computer wallpaper...four monitors at my work station... set to random rotation from thousands of cruise pictures.

Currently pictured: Port of LA (San Pedro) harbor sunset, pic of DW and I in an elevator, swirling wake in the water (from the azipods pushing away from the dock), and Tracy Arm.

DW's workstation across the room, same thing. We always see something that makes us smile.

Also, a number of large (20" x 30") prints of cruise photos up in the house... like this one:

DSC_5441.jpg

Edited by triptolemus

The "Freestyle Dailies" so we can refresh our memories of what we did on-board. Also the information about the shorex we did. We are not big photo takers but like to remember things by talking about them. If 'photos' are necessary we have them in our brains!! ;)

Mike

Computer wallpaper...four monitors at my work station... set to random rotation from thousands of cruise pictures.

Currently pictured: Port of LA (San Pedro) harbor sunset, pic of DW and I in an elevator, swirling wake in the water (from the azipods pushing away from the dock), and Tracy Arm.

DW's workstation across the room, same thing. We always see something that makes us smile.

Also, a number of large (20" x 30") prints of cruise photos up in the house... like this one:

DSC_5441.jpg

Someone needs to take some photoshop lessons! ;)

After each cruise I spend some time making a nice, photo book with hard covers (many online photo companies offer this), the longer and more "special" the cruise the larger format and more pages added to the photo book. :)

I always book our cruises early, and therefore we usually always have 1-2 additional future cruises already booked when we start a cruise - and as soon as we come home from one cruise we start looking forward to the next one. Cruising is addictive.... :p But it also cost money, especially for us since we live far away from any embarkation port and often have to pay more for the flights to get there than we do for the cruise itself. Usually we have a couple of cruises planned every year, and between them we work hard to be able to afford them - it is just a question of priorities in our case.... ;)

Edited by TrumpyNor

I love your book idea. I just always leave vacation photos online but what a pain to share them. I used Yorkphoto.com to make books for my Girl Scout trip to Europe last summer and we have one to each of the girls. They LOVED the books and it was really easy to do once we understood the program. Part of the trip happened to be a cruise in the Mediterranean. I just never considered doing the same for our family. Thank you for the reminder. Also, you can get really good deals on these books by using Groupon. Just search "photo books".

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We always buy a photo album. Not just cruises, any holiday. In an age where digital media is so prevalent we like to have a physical, always present catalogue of our trips. They are often viewed.

I love your book idea. I just always leave vacation photos online but what a pain to share them. I used Yorkphoto.com to make books for my Girl Scout trip to Europe last summer and we have one to each of the girls. They LOVED the books and it was really easy to do once we understood the program. Part of the trip happened to be a cruise in the Mediterranean. I just never considered doing the same for our family. Thank you for the reminder. Also, you can get really good deals on these books by using Groupon. Just search "photo books".

The hardest job is not making the photo book itself, but to go through 2-3000 photos to choose the best ones... ;)

The hardest job is not making the photo book itself, but to go through 2-3000 photos to choose the best ones... ;)

I take a lot of photos with my iPhone on holiday. I try and delete all the crap ones each night. It only takes 5 minutes per night. Normally go home with around 150 good photos from a weeks trip.

I have the same problem. On average I take about a 1000 photos per trip. I have never made my Meditterranean trip book because of how many photos I took at EACH destination. That is the one downfall of having a high end compact, most photos turn out fine and look great in "thumbnail" size.

Lady Anna

Hi All!

Just wondering what you do to bring back some of the cruise time moments with you? Is it a scent, drink, song, picture, some sand from a beach?

Lady Anna

For me, it's scent. I have a perfume (and matching body wash, lotion, body spray, and hand sanitizer) that I only wear on board. When I'm having a bad day, I smell it, and I'm instantly transported back.

From my last cruise it was music that takes me back! In particular songs that were played at Howl at the Moon as i was in there 4 nights as i loved it that much! I cant almost taste the cocktails as i listen to Hotel California and Here I go again.....

Edited by DiamondGirl83