Specialty Dining Package - A la Carte Menu?

sjmbruce

I'm sorry if this has been asked a million times before. I am a first time NCL cruiser who booked a cruise to Hawaii well in advance and have seen too many changes to keep track of all of them. The information I have found on NCL for the POA seems to not be updated, perhaps since the changes will go into effect on 3/15.

How does the dining package work now that specialty dining has gone a la carte?

I'm not sure if I want to have reservations and the need to be somewhere at an exact time, but fresh lobster in Kona at Cagney's sounds awesome and trying a French restaurant for the first time would be a good experience.

I'm sorry if this has been asked a million times before. I am a first time NCL cruiser who booked a cruise to Hawaii well in advance and have seen too many changes to keep track of all of them. The information I have found on NCL for the POA seems to not be updated, perhaps since the changes will go into effect on 3/15.

I'm not sure if I want to have reservations and the need to be somewhere at an exact time, but fresh lobster in Kona at Cagney's sounds awesome and trying a French restaurant for the first time would be a good experience.

you can refer to the term & condition from NCL website

https://www.ncl.com/specialty-dining-package/faq

Edited by Orleanscruiser

No real changes since you booked. Your package allows you to have dinner at any of the specialty restaurants (even after they go to a la carte),,, except sushi. You get an assortment of appetizers, a single entree, and one or more desserts. Cagney's and the J Bistro are great! Teppanyaki for the entertainment. And Moderno Churrascaria for tableside carving of meats.

Prime time dining requires a reservation. You can always try walk-in, but it is on a space available basis only. Sometimes you get lucky. Sometimes you don't.

Watch your itineraries, some night you will want to be up on deck for sailaways and sights of the islands.

thanks! I just talked with my husband and I think we're going to buy a 3 meal package for both of us:)

I don't think you will have as much need for reservations on the POA and can probably easily make reservations you want on the ship. We found the restaurants to be not very busy, but I believe this was pre dining packages, so they may be a little busier now. But with overnights, where some passengers will dine ashore for luaus, etc. the restaurants are not very busy on those nights. And even for the other port nights, people are exhausted when they reboard. The last thing we wanted to do was change for dinner. It was a quick bite in the buffet and bed.

The a la carte places, Cagneys, Le Bistro and La Cucina are probably the best bang for the buck as the bill can add up quickly.

I would agree, especially if you fast for the day and really enjoy the food!! :D

Two or three starters; one main with lots of sides and then two or three desserts. :D

That would set you back nearly $60 each if you had to pay for it.

Make an evening of it.

I would agree, especially if you fast for the day and really enjoy the food!! :D

Two or three starters; one main with lots of sides and then two or three desserts. :D

That would set you back nearly $60 each if you had to pay for it.

Make an evening of it.

Fast!!? If we go more than 3 hours since our previous meal, we are totally starved!:p