Liberty of the Seas deck 10 concerns

Our family is booked on Liberty of the seas in June of 2016.

We have been booked a balcony cabin # 1538 at the front of the ship and an interior cabin across the hall. It appears to be under the gym area. Some people have made comments that deck 10 is noisy. Does anyone know if this cabin area would have the same noise complaints?

Thanks in advance for any input.

DeeDee

There's a thread also on cabin selections under new cruisers... Don't book these rooms... U could put in the Liberty and see which cabins people suggest not to book... Just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I never book a cabin that's a deck under a public area, I make sure it's a cabin deck above mine. Now there's no guarantee you won't have a noisy upstairs neighbor but in the past I had a problem with a public area upstairs. Especially late at night when things are being moved around for cleaning, items were being dragged across the floor and it was so noisy...every night!!

I have sailed on 3 ships in Deck 10 Cabins in the aft:

1390 - Liberty of the Seas (side)

1392 - Navigator of the Seas (aft)

1392 - Mariner of the Seas (aft)

All are located underneath the Windjammer, and I never had ANY noise from the public areas above.

The only noise issue was on the Liberty: with high winds, the balcony dividers doors rattled and scrapped like crazy. I fixed ours by inserting paper as "shims" to stop the rattle Maintenance came up and fixed my neighbor's divider door at my request. This occurred when we had 22-25 knot windows hitting the side of the ship at an angle.

--Kevin

I leave April 17th and may have exactly these same rooms so I'll be sure and report what I find. My parents are in a junior suite near the forward starboard side elevators and I'm in the interior (#1235) also near those elevators.

Out of 23 cruises, 22 of them have been Deck 10 - one deck below the pool deck. NEVER a problem and this is pretty much the only deck we book. (The exception was Oasis - they didn't have a GS available on that deck.) Very seldom have we dealt with noise - sometimes running, chair moving - nothing that has ever impacted our sleep. Granted, we are pretty late going to bed (1-2am) and fairly early to rise (7:30-8am). Forward is best since being under the spa is really quiet. I think this time we are under one of the hot tubs. For us - this is prime location. Close to the pool deck where we spend most of our days.

Greetings "wolf"! We aren't/weren't up late. Any time we've been under the pool, there's always been a late night pool party. I am very light sleeper and if I didn't know better, I'd swear there was a "x" - that can only be seen by the band - on Deck 11 right over my bed to show them exactly where to set up for the evening. (Don't tell me that they always use the band area mid ship. This is my story and I am sticking to it!) Barring that, then it is used by the staff to set up the buffet which is then torn down at 2:00 a.m. Ugh.

Out of 23 cruises, 22 of them have been Deck 10 - one deck below the pool deck. NEVER a problem and this is pretty much the only deck we book. (The exception was Oasis - they didn't have a GS available on that deck.) Very seldom have we dealt with noise - sometimes running, chair moving - nothing that has ever impacted our sleep. Granted, we are pretty late going to bed (1-2am) and fairly early to rise (7:30-8am). Forward is best since being under the spa is really quiet. I think this time we are under one of the hot tubs. For us - this is prime location. Close to the pool deck where we spend most of our days.

Have been on deck 10 a few times on both freedom and voyager class. Considering deck 10 is most of your GS JS rooms that sell for a premium, can't understand why there would be bothersome noises. Myself I have never heard anything from above. JMHO

• 1 month later...
Our family is booked on Liberty of the seas in June of 2016.

We have been booked a balcony cabin # 1538 at the front of the ship and an interior cabin across the hall. It appears to be under the gym area. Some people have made comments that deck 10 is noisy. Does anyone know if this cabin area would have the same noise complaints?

Thanks in advance for any input.

DeeDee

Hey DeeDee ... I just returned yesterday. I was in an inside (#1235) on the opposite side of Deck 10. I didn't hear anything. I mean, not a single sound. In fact, if not for my phone alarm I would've easily slept through the day... the cabin was like a cave! My parents were in 1244 and they said they only heard any noise from Deck 11 once and it wasn't much.

Your location is very convenient to the pool deck! I would use it as a way to get from the front to the back of the ship in a hurry if I needed to. Just popped up the stairs and walked to the Windjammer... at the end of the night I would always end up in the bars on the aft so I would ride up to 11 and walk the pool deck back to the forward stairs - checking to see if the hot tubs were occupied.

Enjoy your trip!

Hey DeeDee ... I just returned yesterday. I was in an inside (#1235) on the opposite side of Deck 10. I didn't hear anything. I mean, not a single sound. In fact, if not for my phone alarm I would've easily slept through the day... the cabin was like a cave! My parents were in 1244 and they said they only heard any noise from Deck 11 once and it wasn't much.

Your location is very convenient to the pool deck! I would use it as a way to get from the front to the back of the ship in a hurry if I needed to. Just popped up the stairs and walked to the Windjammer... at the end of the night I would always end up in the bars on the aft so I would ride up to 11 and walk the pool deck back to the forward stairs - checking to see if the hot tubs were occupied.

Enjoy your trip!

Thank you for your report back. Looking forward to our cruise in June

Just did 1570, which is under the solarium just behind the whirlpool overhang. Was pretty quiet. A couple of times, when everything was really quiet, I could hear carts rolling over head, but it was faint. Didn't hear any other kind of people traffic or noise, not even from the whirlpool.