Electronics

AJTWC

At the risk of sounding like a dinosaur...... This is the first time I will be taking an iPad on a cruise. Is it better to pack it in my luggage or in my carry-on? Thanks! :confused:

Edited by AJTWC

At the risk of sounding like a dinosaur...... This is the first time I will be taking an iPad on a cruise. Is it better to pack it in my luggage or in my carry-on? Thanks! :confused:

Carry on. You should never check a bag containing a valuable, breakable electronic.

Take it from some who travels for a living and cruises often for fun. Always, always, always pack your electronics in your carry on which includes your ipad.

Luggage is manhandled (tossed, thrown on top of each other, etc), and no matter how careful you may think you have wrapped or protected it screens gets shattered or broken.

If you've never taken your iPad before, be sure to turn it to airplane mode AND put the clock feature to manual mode. It will keep trying to change the time.

Learned the hard way!

Margee

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Valuables get stolen all the time during airport baggage handling, so clearly that is out.

When you are at the pier watch how they handle luggage going on the ship. It gets tossed into bins that are about 6' high and your luggage may be on the bottom. Then they drive the bins around with forklifts and the top luggage falls off into puddles. Then someone finds the loose bag and tosses into another bin. Miracle any luggage survives.