Portofino

mk960072

Looking for a market as we will be there on Saturday, June 11 and would like to browse produce and locally made items if they have one. If not is there a local town that has one?

Also, wanted to ride the ferry to other towns in the area, cannot seem to find a ferry schedule, anyone have any experience with this? :)

Looking for a market as we will be there on Saturday, June 11 and would like to browse produce and locally made items if they have one. If not is there a local town that has one?

Also, wanted to ride the ferry to other towns in the area, cannot seem to find a ferry schedule, anyone have any experience with this? :)

I think we're on the same cruise. Did you join the roll call? A ferry sounds like a nice alternative for that port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think the ship will anchor and see if you can get the boat to Santa Margarita. It is at the end of the bay and a lovely city with a statue of Columbus pointing out to sea. Beautiful!!

I think the ship will anchor and see if you can get the boat to Santa Margarita. It is at the end of the bay and a lovely city with a statue of Columbus pointing out to sea. Beautiful!!

I second that. We took the local bus into Santa Margherita (very scary ride around the bays but worth doing), then caught the ferry back to Portofino.

If you fancy a drink in Santa Margherita, drop into the Black Stallion Bar-

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowUserReviews-g187827-d2171955-r114724329-BLACK_STALLION-Santa_Margherita_Ligure_Italian_Riviera_Liguria.html

as they serve a huge platter of food with every drink. You won't need lunch!

Santa Margarita is indeed a lovely city, fun to explore on foot, and much less crowded than Portofino. One of my husband's photos of SM was the wallpaper on my PC for months.

Do both cities. They are both lovely.

And there are parts of Potofino that are not crowded. You have to walk a little.'

Keith

Looks like we are going to have a great time there. How long is the boat ride from Portofino?

There is a beautiful path through the woods with the most stunning views if you care to walk from Portofino to Santa Margherita. It's a little over three miles and simply amazing.

Thanks...that sounds like something we'd be interested in doing in one direction with the ferry in the other.

There is a beautiful path through the woods with the most stunning views if you care to walk from Portofino to Santa Margherita. It's a little over three miles and simply amazing.

There is also another path lower down that runs along the coast. When we walked it, we didn't know about the wooded one. Did you happen to see any boars?

Yes, this is the best way to get from Portofino to Santa Margherita. Both towns are very charming and the walk along the sea after the path is lovely.

Portofino is one of my all time favorite places.