Adventure dry dock -

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone know what speciality restaurants they will be adding? Besides redoing cabins, what else will be done?

Know there are other threads on this but couldn't find them so sorry if it is a repeat!!

Bumping this up again as I am VERY curious too and have not found any recent threads. Any updates???

I'll be spending November and December following threads, reviews and roll calls as I'll be in full preparation mode by then. heck, i've already got my excursion booked for May 2nd 2017

I'll be spending November and December following threads, reviews and roll calls as I'll be in full preparation mode by then. heck, i've already got my excursion booked for May 2nd 2017

Better to plan ahead:)

We are already looking at excursions for March 2018!!!

Adventure drydock

The new restaurant will be Chops Grille. Currently Miami wants to locate it where Giovanni's is, however the ship management wants it on deck 5 where Jester's will be removed (4th floor inside cabins - 5th floor restaurant). This is still a fluid issue.

A flow rider will be added on deck 13 - still undecided what will happen to the space where incline skating is located when it is removed.

The Concierge Lounge will be put on the 14th floor, which is currently occupied the card room, which will be moved to the interior of deck 9, where the CL is currently located.

The jogging track will go behind the Sky Bar on deck 12 and overlooking the Solarium.

A deck 13 forward will be added which will be open space above deck 12, where new panorama cabins will be added ( floor to ceiling windows).

These will be the major changes, though new carpeting and refreshing rooms, especially mattresses, are expected as well.

Also, expect the Rock Wall to be pushed out so the entrance will be on the 13th floor, which will allow for a passage way between the CL and the DL behind the Rock Wall on deck 14.

This may not be entirely completed in dry dock and if so, will be done while the ship is cruising, similar to what is being done on the Navigator.

Have also heard that Izumi restaurants may be removed from all ships.

Also, expect the Rock Wall to be pushed out so the entrance will be on the 13th floor, which will allow for a passage way between the CL and the DL behind the Rock Wall on deck 14.

This may not be entirely completed in dry dock and if so, will be done while the ship is cruising, similar to what is being done on the Navigator.

Have also heard that Izumi restaurants may be removed from all ships.

That's an interesting one I have not heard, but it does not surprise me as they never seem too busy. This could be why they decided against putting Izumi up in the Card/Game room in VC, and instead moving to the Suite Lounge (just a guess) in that location.

Another Izumi indicator might be what happens to Jewel next month. Izumi is still listed as an improvement, and is still on the deck plans. It will be interesting to see if they go through with adding Izumi to Jewel.

Hi Bob

The Navigator currently has an Izumi where the card rooms were on the port side of deck 14, but there are probably plans to remove that too, even though they just added it on their recent drydock.

Heard this from the Hotel director on the Adventure the week of 3/19/2016 cruise during the meal with an officer on the last sea day (3/25).

Hi Bob

The Navigator currently has an Izumi where the card rooms were on the port side of deck 14, but there are probably plans to remove that too, even though they just added it on their recent drydock.

Heard this from the Hotel director on the Adventure the week of 3/19/2016 cruise during the meal with an officer on the last sea day (3/25).

Very interesting, thank-you Matt.

Did they say why Izumi was going? Not profitable enough?

Bob

From what I heard it had something to do with Izumi's kitchen on the Navigator.

As a side note on the Adventure's 3/19/2016 sailing the ship was delayed ( almost a 9:00 PM sailing) because inspectors came on the ship (happens once every 3 months) to inspect all facets of the ship with an emphasis on inspecting the galley and restaurants.

WOW -- great information! Do you think the balconies will be changed? I saw the Navigator in port while relaxing on the beach near Fort Lauderdale, waiting for my return flight following our cruise on the NCL Escape. Will Adventure have balcony changes like Navigator? Thanks!

WOW -- great information! Do you think the balconies will be changed? I saw the Navigator in port while relaxing on the beach near Fort Lauderdale, waiting for my return flight following our cruise on the NCL Escape. Will Adventure have balcony changes like Navigator? Thanks!

If you are asking if the balconies will changed to the "outside the hull" type that are on Navigator and Mariner, I doubt it. That would be a very major change, and was not done to Adventure's sister ships Voyager and Explorer.

Coloradodude

The Adventure's internet is woefully slow currently.

Will ask an officer when I'm on the ship two weeks from now if an upgrade is in the cards while in drydock, though I won't be back until after the first week of May.

I am surprised about the possibility of no Izumi. We did the Hibachi dinner on Oasis. It was great and very difficult to get a reservation.

Even if there was Izumi, there wouldn't be the Hibachi grill.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums