Probably already been asked drink package question

I am considering a drink package of the Allure, So I understand you get a "sticker" on your S/S card, do you just show your card? Is there no swiping or receipts? Because the drinks have automatic tips added has anyone found that you receive less service? I understand you are limited to one drink at a time and there is no limit, however can you go to one bar and get a drink then straight to another and get a drink? or there some kind of time limit?

Thanks in advance everyone

wcr

I am considering a drink package of the Allure, So I understand you get a "sticker" on your S/S card, do you just show your card? Is there no swiping or receipts? Because the drinks have automatic tips added has anyone found that you receive less service? I understand you are limited to one drink at a time and there is no limit, however can you go to one bar and get a drink then straight to another and get a drink? or there some kind of time limit?

Thanks in advance everyone

wcr

All of those, actually. You show your card, and sometimes they swipe and give you a receipt. They would like you to add an additional tip. ;) (you don't have to) The receipt would show $0.00, but there is a line for adding a gratuity.

When I tip additional at a bar, I use dollar bills.

There is no defined time limit, but they will look at what you are doing to be sure that you are not cheating and giving drinks to others.

Time limit is about 15 minutes between drinks. Yes, they swipe your card. Sometimes you get a slip to sign, sometimes you don't. I cannot figure out a pattern. Yes, service has slowed down since the beverage packages came out. It helps to be at a bar where the bartender remembers you and the best way to get them to remember you seems to be to tip extra. There is not a total drink limit on your package, but they reserve the right to stop serving you if you are intoxicated.

Time limit is about 15 minutes between drinks. Yes, they swipe your card. Sometimes you get a slip to sign, sometimes you don't. I cannot figure out a pattern. Yes, service has slowed down since the beverage packages came out. It helps to be at a bar where the bartender remembers you and the best way to get them to remember you seems to be to tip extra. There is not a total drink limit on your package, but they reserve the right to stop serving you if you are intoxicated.

There is no pre-defined time limit between drinks. They will cut you off to avoid extreme inebriation.

Souvenir/DOTD glasses are not included, even if under the limit.

Actually a couple years ago, on Labadee, my wife had the drink package. There was a server on the beach that kept stopping by with Labadoozies already in a souvenir cup. I think we brought 12 of those back to the ship that day. We didn't pay anything extra. That said, I doubt there are many other instances where that would work.

I have wondered, though, if anyone here has managed to get one of those ship drinks in a pineapple on their package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Purchased drink package recently and didn't have a problem buying one right after the other. Bought the drink, brought it back to my chair, dropped it off, and went right back and got another one. Not even 5 minutes.

Even with the drink package I was charged for the Coco Loco souvenir cup on Coco Cay. I think it was like $4.95. So I actually ended up paying for a drink with the drink package since the cup is nowhere to be found now, probably ended up in the Salvation Army donation box. So no more souvenir cup drinks for me.

Actually a couple years ago, on Labadee, my wife had the drink package. There was a server on the beach that kept stopping by with Labadoozies already in a souvenir cup. I think we brought 12 of those back to the ship that day. We didn't pay anything extra. That said, I doubt there are many other instances where that would work.

I have wondered, though, if anyone here has managed to get one of those ship drinks in a pineapple on their package.

They weren't supposed to let you have the Labadoozies in the plastic souvenir cup on your package. You just lucked out. :)

They weren't supposed to let you have the Labadoozies in the plastic souvenir cup on your package. You just lucked out. :)

Not that I cared about those cups. They can't be worth much more than a dime apiece. Just sharing our experience. [emoji4] I think it had a lot to do with the fact they were already made. We also scored a drink of the day once in a souvenir cup where I asked them specifically not to give us the cup and they did anyway.

I think I got charged $6 for a drink in a pineapple. I had never had one so I didn't mind the charge for one and just ordered regular frozen drinks after that and poured it into the pineapple :) I think the normal price for the pineapple drink was $16 or $18 so I may have just been paying the difference. I also only saw the pineapple drinks one day and it was towards the end, maybe day 6? They set up a spot on the pool deck around 10am.

We were on Navigator and it was random if they swiped the card or just looked at it.

We had a bartender cut us off in the pub which was really annoying as we weren't intoxicated. We had 3 beers each over 3 hours with a few sodas in between. We walked over to the R-bar and they served us no problem. There were several other people that we saw them do that to that weren't intoxicated. One lady had just come from dinner and had one beer before she was "cut off." We were all listening to the music in the pub so we'd all walk over to the r-bar, get a drink, and sit back down in the pub. Finally a guy who also said he had only had one beer and was cut off went to guest services and complained. A little bit later another bartender showed up in the pub and someone else pulled the first bartender into the back. He came back out and suddenly no one was cut off! I'm sure this was an isolated incident with this one bartender but it really put a damper on the mood of everyone.

Now there were a few people who should have been cut off on the pool deck but they continued to be served. I don't think they like to cut people off since those people will probably not tip them any extra for the rest of the cruise.

We had a bartender cut us off in the pub which was really annoying as we weren't intoxicated. We had 3 beers each over 3 hours with a few sodas in between. We walked over to the R-bar and they served us no problem. There were several other people that we saw them do that to that weren't intoxicated. One lady had just come from dinner and had one beer before she was "cut off." We were all listening to the music in the pub so we'd all walk over to the r-bar, get a drink, and sit back down in the pub. Finally a guy who also said he had only had one beer and was cut off went to guest services and complained. A little bit later another bartender showed up in the pub and someone else pulled the first bartender into the back. He came back out and suddenly no one was cut off! I'm sure this was an isolated incident with this one bartender but it really put a damper on the mood of everyone.

Now there were a few people who should have been cut off on the pool deck but they continued to be served. I don't think they like to cut people off since those people will probably not tip them any extra for the rest of the cruise.

Sounds like he could be the same bartender I had on the Freedom. Every time I went to him to get a drink (4 or 5 times during the first few days) he told me they didn't have the mix to make the simple drinks I asked for (mudslide, wildberry lavaflow, etc., not unheard of drinks!). Finally the last time I said, just make me whatever frozen drink you have then and I watched him pour a pina colada and he did not put any alcohol in it. I called him on it and he said, oh I did you just didn't see me, but then he poured more in and no, it was still weak, he did not magically put any in when he first made the drink. I never went back to that bar again. I really don't know what his problem was - I was never rude or intoxicated and it happened the very first time I went to him, I guess he just didn't like the look of me lol! That has made me reconsider purchasing a package next time. I sure I didn't save any money anyway, it was just the convenience of not having to worry about a bar bill at the end.

Edited by jtdlmc