No assignment for guarantee!!

I've only heard of Suite Guarantee (W) which could put you in a Junior Suite. How did you book a Grand Suite Guarantee? I would do that always to save a few clams.

The do exist, although rare. They are kind of like Gty for 4 people that are rare but do exist.

I've only heard of Suite Guarantee (W) which could put you in a Junior Suite. How did you book a Grand Suite Guarantee? I would do that always to save a few clams.

I was surprised to see the Grand Suite Guarantee too. I happened across it as we originally had booked a JS Guarantee, had been assigned a cabin really fast and I was looking to see if which JS cabins were available.

I've been told this type of Guarantee cabin typically comes available around the 30 days before sailing mark.

Edited by julesbeara

Wrong how? That's exactly what I'd assumed had happened.

I think wrong in the sense that you implied they were "squatting" there (ie using the room without permission) in lieu of there normal quarters. Probably more like miscommunication somewhere along the line, with them being told to use the room by someone who didn't realize it had been assigned to a guest.

Edited by Paul65

I booked our upcoming cruise about 8 weeks prior to sailing, 4 days later we had our stateroom assigned. I wouldn't consider it a upgrade, but it is in a good location - fwd of the ship near the elevators but not close enough to hear traffic.

Does anyone get a balcony guarantee that isn't a connecting room? Last few cruises we've always been assigned a connecting room. It hasn't been a problem because thankfully we have had quiet neighbours, but it is always a gamble.

[quote name='bluelagoon543']I booked our upcoming cruise about 8 weeks prior to sailing, 4 days later we had our stateroom assigned. I wouldn't consider it a upgrade, but it is in a good location - fwd of the ship near the elevators but not close enough to hear traffic.

Does anyone get a balcony guarantee that isn't a connecting room? Last few cruises we've always been assigned a connecting room. It hasn't been a problem because thankfully we have had quiet neighbours, but it is always a gamble.[/quote]
If you are booked under US/Canadian rules, you can have your stateroom changed to a non-connecting stateroom by contacting whoever booked your cruise.