Hop on hop off

snoozy8

On the emerald princess in sept, some of the ports have the buses mentioned in title, does anyone know if we can just buy the tickets on the bus and if they are near to the ports example NAPLES or is it best to buy beforehand

Thank you

Snoozy8

lovely and sunny in EASTBOURNE for a change

thank you for your reply, we have booked some excursions with Richard and just looking to see if we can get the bus in freemantle, Singapore I think this bus is just outside the port and naples

We have taken HOHO buses in many cities and have almost always been able to get the the tickets on the bus. You can check the websites for the cities you will be visiting and find out about payments and the routes. It is a great way to get an overview of city and stop at many points of interest.

I would recommend that you visit the web site for the Hop on/Hop off buss that you want to ride. Often there are over lapping routes, i.e red line, blue line etc.

You would then find out which line covers what part of the city and where you make the exchange.

We have found out that normally you can purchase a ticket on the bus.

Bob

The HOHO buses are a great, economical way of touring the city, and we try to use them whenever possible. We've always just bought the tixx the day of. You can sometimes save a few $ by pre-paying online, but for us, the savings is outweighed by not being tied to non-refundable tixx if we end up not being able to go. The morning is the best time to board as the buses aren't yet full. By the afternoon, the buses can be quite full. One tip I learned is that if one stop is terribly packed, just walk backward or forward a stop, and you can find less of a crowd. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Agree that you can find out the companies ( some cities run more than one company) and routes online. Then buy day of when you have route options and pricing in mind. Too the sites usually tell you how long a route takes without stops. That helps plan your time on shore too.

I would definitely check out the routes before hand. That will save you time and trouble. Also, look for the closest hop on point to save more time.

For our trip to London, we purchased tickets on line (actually vouchers). When we got to the sop nearest the hotel, there was a man from the bus company who converted the vouchers to tickets. It is quite possible other cities have similar set ups- you can buy your tickets on the spot.

By planning our routes before hand we got to see a lot of London in a day. Granted, more time is always better, but for the time we had, we saw a lot-and that includes hoping on and off at various places.