Shows, entertainment etc...

sdaughs

Yes I'm a newbie to this cruise thing.. Taking first family cruise August to Alaska! How soon before (if at all) do they show you what entertainment, shows etc will be on board???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You won't know much before you board the ship. Princess used to send pre-cruise emails but there have been problems with that. However, the emails only showed a small portion of the entertainment. Keep in mind that changes occur on a regular basis and it's difficult to predict what's on your cruise with any degree of accuracy.

When you board the ship, make sure to check the Patter, all the information will be there.

Yes I'm a newbie to this cruise thing.. Taking first family cruise August to Alaska! How soon before (if at all) do they show you what entertainment, shows etc will be on board???

AWESOME! :D

Enjoy yourselves. You only get one first cruise!

I didn't want to go on my first cruise but finally did the, "Yes, dear" thing. Wow. I was hooked from the moment I stepped onboard Sea Princess bound for Alaska.

The Princess Patter is your source of all the who, what and when regarding entertainment and activities. Your ship may also have the "Princess @ Sea" free App available where you can view all the information on a smart device. When you board there will be a Princess Patter in your cabin. Each evening the Patter for the next day will be in your mailbox. Usually the production shows will be well known before your cruise, but other entertainers vary by cruise.

You will know when you read your platter.

The following has a number of links to sample Patters from various cruises.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2326335&highlight=patters

They can give you a good idea of the types of entertainment you will find on a Princess ship.

Edited by caribill