Share your experience getting a taxi/shuttle at Livorno port

cruisemom42

Given that there has been a lot of conflicting information reported over the past year or so regarding availability of taxis and shuttles IN the port in Livorno, I thought it would be worthwhile to gather recent experiences in one place to help others.

If you've visited Livorno port recently (within the last couple of years) can you please post below and share:

1) What cruise line you were on?

2) When did you visit Livorno (month and year)?

3) What time did you disembark?

4) Were taxis available for hire near the ship? Or just shuttles?

5) If there were taxis, were you able to get one to take you to the train station? What was the fare?

6) If there were shuttles, did they take you to the train station or to central Livorno? Was there a charge and, if so, how much?

Thanks -- hoping this will be useful info. :)

I hope you are getting a sticky out of all this because if it just falls in line with the rest of the posts people will say they can't find any info..if you get my drift. This was/is a great idea!!!

I hope you are getting a sticky out of all this because if it just falls in line with the rest of the posts people will say they can't find any info..if you get my drift. This was/is a great idea!!!

LOL. I'll just post a link every time. :D

1) What cruise line you were on?

NCL Spirit

2) When did you visit Livorno (month and year)?

October, 2013

3) What time did you disembark?

7:00 am

4) Were taxis available for hire near the ship? Or just shuttles?

I noticed only taxis but had already prebooked r/t transport to Florence so have no further relevant info.

Edited by dogs4fun

1) Celebrity Silhouette

2) November 1, 2015

3) Disembarked at 7:10am

4) Several taxis were available

5) Taxi to train station--25 euro

6) Did not notice any shuttles

We were very concerned about getting a taxi and going to Livorno on our own. Our ship stopped at Livorno on the first Sunday of the month (when there is no charge to enter museums) and it was also All Saints Day. My husband and I were the first ones off the ship once it was cleared. We went directly to the taxis and took the first one in line. The driver was more than willing to take us to the train station. We had sort of a wild ride as I am sure he wanted to get back to the port to catch another fare. At the train station we found a train waiting to take us to Florence. We left the station shortly after boarding the train. We had plenty of time in Florence. We felt we had much more time than if we had booked a shuttle to and from Florence in advance.

On the train back to Livorno we talked with two other couples and the return taxi fare was 25 euro divided by the six of us. Taxis were available at the train station to take us back to the port. We felt like we had a very inexpensive and enjoyable day in Florence.

1. Regal Princess

2. Oct 3, 2014

3. Docked at 7a but we didn't leave ship until 9a

4. A few taxi's + rental cars were available dockside

6. Princess shuttle was €5, dropped off in central Livorno (still had to take a bus to train station €1.20)