Book with Viking?

OnTheWater50

I am getting very interested in a Viking Ocean Cruise to the West Indies in Jan/Feb 2017. It seems very few TA's are booking Viking Ocean Cruises - are most of you booking with Viking or finding a TA that does book Viking Ocean? Viking is offering good deals right now; will a TA beat Viking? I don't need lots of 'service', just a good price.

Thanks!

It goes against Cruise Critic rules to name travel agents, but within that boundary, yes, you can get a good deal with a travel agent. Most (if not all) the travel agents who handle Viking River cruises will also work with Viking Oceans, even if it's not explicitly advertised on their websites.

I am getting very interested in a Viking Ocean Cruise to the West Indies in Jan/Feb 2017. It seems very few TA's are booking Viking Ocean Cruises - are most of you booking with Viking or finding a TA that does book Viking Ocean? Viking is offering good deals right now; will a TA beat Viking? I don't need lots of 'service', just a good price.

Thanks!

We have cruised with Viking Oceans before and have the West Indies cruise booked for February, 2017. We use a travel agent who gives us a great deal on the Viking prices. CC does not allow us to post our travel agent info on these forums unfortunately.

Edited by Carol From California

Carol referred me to her TA last year for a Viking river cruise. They were excellent and I have now booked several other cruises with them. All at substantial savings. My advice is use Carol's TA!! I'd be happy to pass on the info if needed.

May I email you, Carol, or mhb1757, for the TA info as well? Looking to book for next year. Carol's email is available but I don't want to contact her without her permission.

You are more than welcome to email me. I think I fixed my settings so you can access my email.

Hi Carol. Didn't you learn from Viking not to do this?

As you know Viking has a referral program and they disallow anyone to post on these forums and solicit Viking referrals. I think that is what you are talking about and that is not the subject of this thread. The subject is whether to book directly with Viking or with a travel agent who gives a discounted price.

Thank you, everyone. We just booked a West Indies cruise in 2017 with friends and are very excited! I ended up using a big online TA. I got a better price than anywhere else (I checked with big box retailer, small TA in my town, and Viking) and a better room so we are happy with the price. The 'service' -not so much. I really don't need much help (thanks to Cruise Critic) but I do need someone to return my calls so I can book the trip! Finally got that all straightened out and now I will work on my own planning - 1/2 the fun of any trip for me. Good luck and thanks for your thoughts and ideas...