Escape - Price Drops

So I just checked the website for our April 9th sailing and the BX category is now $669 down from $849.

I called NCL to see if they would upgrade us for free since it's cheaper than what we paid for our inside (we are past final payment).

After going back and forth for about 20 minutes, we got the BX. But the rep and her supervisor had no clue what they were talking about. They were adamant that the $669 was for 4 people. I told them to look at the NCL website, it clearly shows 2 people (and 3 and 4 sail free). Ugh. It felt like I was trying to explain myself to a 4 year old.

Anyways, just wanted to let others know to check your sailing as you may benefit from this price drop :)

No, I didn't want to pay anymore for our cabin, but MIL really wanted a Balcony. So this is a win-win. She gets the balcony and I don't pay anymore out of pocket :)

Just for the record, I had called the Upsell # this week, but they were only selling Haven cabins for our sailing right now. I didn't want to risk not getting something.

No, I didn't want to pay anymore for our cabin, but MIL really wanted a Balcony. So this is a win-win. She gets the balcony and I don't pay anymore out of pocket :)

Just for the record, I had called the Upsell # this week, but they were only selling Haven cabins for our sailing right now. I didn't want to risk not getting something.

Do you by chance remember what they were offering haven for?

So I just checked the website for our April 9th sailing and the BX category is now $669 down from $849.

I called NCL to see if they would upgrade us for free since it's cheaper than what we paid for our inside (we are past final payment).

After going back and forth for about 20 minutes, we got the BX. But the rep and her supervisor had no clue what they were talking about. They were adamant that the $669 was for 4 people. I told them to look at the NCL website, it clearly shows 2 people (and 3 and 4 sail free). Ugh. It felt like I was trying to explain myself to a 4 year old.

Anyways, just wanted to let others know to check your sailing as you may benefit from this price drop :)

Hi, I believe this pricing is special and does not allow for the "Free to Choose" comps. If you want the comps such as UBP & SDP the add-on is $200 / pp.

It's funny you should say this because initially, the rep's supervisor said that those prices were for travel partners only. My argument was well, too bad, they are here clear as day for the general public.

I wasn't getting off the call without my balcony guarantee :)

I am happy you did get something for calling. My DW & I booked the Escape for May about 3 weeks ago when they allowed TA's to offer reduced rates. Since we are not heavy drinkers, the $400 savings was worth it to us. I got curious when the reduced pricing appeared on NCL site since it was only $50 / pp more then we paid. So, I did a mock booking. During this process, after several steps, I found that the comps weren't included but I could add for $200 /pp.

It was a 2 bdrm haven offer, I believe, and it was $1500/pp? I can't quite remember the cabin type.

We are on this sailing April 9th and this week I received a 2nd upsell e-mail offering the Haven suites. This week's going rate was from $750 to $1500 per person (depending on suite type/category), down from $1000-$2000 per person. I think the 2 bedroom was $1000/pp. We'd love to sail in The Haven, but just not sure how much we'd actually utilize all it has to offer right now. Our kids are 6 & 9 and we're originally booked in a mid ship mini suite on deck 10.

I'm holding out a bit longer before I call upsell. Might be able to snag a better deal the closer we get. Doesn't seem like our ship is quite full.;)

You are so lucky in that you can get good deals if prices drop. Here in the UK we get no such opportunities. The price we pay when booking has no leeway to take advantage of any price drops and we often do not get the perks on drinks packages, UDP and OBC as seems to be the case with the American websites. Feel it is about time all incentives and perks were the same for all NCL passengers no matter where they live.

Suron

Is this normal practice for NCL to honor a price drop? If my EXACT deal gets cheaper prior to sailing will they give me that price? Sorry, I've never looked into this on prior cruises so this is new to me. I do not want to pay more so no upsell, just wondering about price drops. Thanks!!