Dawn Aft Room Question

TheManitoban

I don't have time right now to look at the deck plans, but could it be because one might be handicapped accessible or connecting or have 2 upper berths instead of one? Don't know if you're thinking about booking on of these, but are they right over the "disco?" I'm a Dawn aft penthouse fan and I think I've read how noisy the deck 8 SF's are. The aft balconies are sandwiched in between the SFs.

Can someone tell me the difference between the B1 rooms versus the other Aft Balcony rooms?

On their map, they appear smaller and are maroon colour. For example, 8176 versus 8172 which is right next to it.

B1 8176 balcony (maroon)

SF 8172 ph suite (blue/green)

Big difference in price too, :p although the PH suites are very nice and quite spacious.

I think the aft balconies on Dawn (sandwiched btwn suites) on 8, 9, and 10 are seriously probably the best deal going on that ship. Desirable aft views, large (well, deep anyway) balconies, quiet end of the hall - Without the PH prices ;)

(Having said that, I don't know if I could ever do Dawn in a non-suite... but that's just me!)

Dawn aft balcony rooms 10230 or 10730 have to be the best for the dollar balconies on the entire NCL fleet. Not suites, but rather true balcony rooms with wonderfully deep, private balconies. Spent ten glorious days in one. sigh

Edited by parrothead0918

Dawn aft balcony rooms 10230 or 10730 have to be the best for the dollar balconies on the entire NCL fleet. Not suites, but rather true balcony rooms with wonderfully deep, private balconies. Spent ten glorious days in one. sigh

Parrothead0918-Thank you for that information! We are booked in 10230 for the September 2nd sailing out of Boston to Bermuda and is our first time in an aft room! (2nd sailing on the Dawn-first time was a balcony). We are SO excited to be going back and are even more excited to have an aft room! :D

Thanks for the replies everyone. You guys rock. After I posted I realized that the larger rooms to the left and right for Penthouse rooms.

The only complaint I see is the noise from the bar. Others say it didnt bother them. I worked in a bar for many many years and am not an early to bed type of guy so maybe I'd be fine... considering booking this...

Did the Dawn in 2014 and curious to check it out after the dry dock.

Thank you for that information! We are booked in 10230 for the September 2nd sailing out of Boston to Bermuda and is our first time in an aft room! (2nd sailing on the Dawn-first time was a balcony). We are SO excited to be going back and are even more excited to have an aft room! :D

Sounds identical to me and my wife... 2nd time on Dawn to Bermuda (we did June 2014 and doing May 2017) and first Aft Balcony!! Reading all these positive posts about these rooms... I was excited before but now even more!! We are in 9238

Have done multiple aft rooms because they are truly the best way to sail and have not had any issue with noise,debris etc. Only thing we have to deal with is the best view on the ship, no wind ever at sea on the balcony, and arguments back and forth about who gets the chair and who gets the chaise- usually resolved by having a 2nd chaise brought in.

So... as mentioned earlier, I have an Aft Balcony booked on the Dawn and was wondering what the general consensus was concerning an upsell...

What would be a good upsell (if one was offered) to get me out of the B1? I am not talking about the money aspect but what category would you move to that would make it worth the move (giving up the Aft view and spacious balcony)

If I had aft balcony, the only move I would make would be to an Aft PH. That's the only one that would make sense to me. Same gorgeous view, nice balcony with loungers... but larger cabin, better bathroom (I think) and concierge/ butler service.

Thanks..... that's where I was leaning as the only move

Our cruise in June is our 5th year in a row in B1. We love it and freak out waiting for itineraries to open so we can book 10230. Our favorite!

Once we tried aft-facing we never wanted to go back to regular balconies. We were on deck 9 one year (because we didn't act fast enough?).

This year our June 3 in 10230 got cancelled for the additional re-furb time. Luckily we secured a B1 on deck 8 for the first cruise after dry dock!

They go fast!! To be honest any of the 6 B1's are great for us but we do have abnormal feng shui issues in the 10730 side. 😒

Our cruise in June is our 5th year in a row in B1. We love it and freak out waiting for itineraries to open so we can book 10230. Our favorite!

Once we tried aft-facing we never wanted to go back to regular balconies. We were on deck 9 one year (because we didn't act fast enough?).

This year our June 3 in 10230 got cancelled for the additional re-furb time. Luckily we secured a B1 on deck 8 for the first cruise after dry dock!

They go fast!! To be honest any of the 6 B1's are great for us but we do have abnormal feng shui issues in the 10730 side. 😒

Why does my post look like that. It didn't when I wrote it?

Huh:confused:

Like I said its abnormal 😒 Everything in 10730 is on opposite walls. Bed bathroom closet couch...Probably makes no difference to anyone else. We certainly have a happy vacation and enjoy our cruise no matter what!!

I guess we favor starboard. We like to sit in the same place at the supper table at home too.

I'm working on my 'change is good' attitude. Even trying to become a minimalist when I pack 💕

79 more days...

While I am willing to pay for this SF AFT Suite, # 8672, some people have mentioned it being right over the Spinnaker Lounge - - and they have said the all-night music really causes a LOT of noise in the suite.

Has anyone stayed in the 8th floor aft cabins on the Dawn and, if so, would you be willing to tell me if noise was, indeed, a problem?

There are no aft cabins available on the 9th or 10th decks - - so I'm thinking I should probably cancel the 8th floor SF suite and just go with a nice balcony on 10, without the bonuses, but a lot cheaper and possibly quieter.

I just do not want to subject myself to being awake all night due to the Spinnaker being right below the aft-suite. (But, oh how I love aft cabins - - just not enough to endure nightly endless noise.)

THANKS in advance

What's a girl to do?????:confused::confused::rolleyes:

I believe we were in 8170, also right above Spinnaker if my memory serves me correctly. No noise issues whatsoever. The balconies on the Aft suites on Deck 8 aren't as deep as the ones on Decks 9 and 10 but still room for 2 loungers and a small table :)

Thanks so much welove2cruise2014 - that makes me feel much better. By the time you factor in the cost "savings" of having all of the bonuses, plus on board credit - - the difference between that suite and a balcony amounts to not a not of money. And I LOVE aft balconies! I was just really worried about the noise! Thanks again!

Edited by Jother