Angled Balconies on Escape

Warm Breezes

I've been trying to do some look ups on this but have seen conflicting answers. We have booked an angled balcony room on the Escape. I read these balconies are bigger than the angled ones on Breakaway and Getaway.

My questions are:

Is the balcony big enough to fit a lounger?

If so, has anyone asked for a lounger and was able to get one put out there?

If so, who did you ask to get it?

We have a while before cruising but just asking the question while it is fresh in my mind.

Thanks.

I was in 15156 spa balcony. It had a lounger 2 chairs and the table. However be aware pool/sun deck is above so there is an over hang roof above. So not a lot of sun some early morning or evening depending on direction of ship.

• 1 month later...
How do you know if you're in an angled balcony room? I think we may be but not sure. We're booked in 9160 on the escape.

No, that cabin is not angled balcony. If you look at the deck plans, 9186 is the nearest angled to your cabin, just to give you some reference of how they appear on the deck plans. Also, if you look at a photo of the ship, you are just forward of District Brewhouse, up one deck. (You'll be able to look in there from your balcony), but you can see in a photo that all those cabins are flush.

I might be off a cabin or 2 from yours in my lovely drawing, but this gives you an idea:

angled_zpstqnotuwd.jpg

Edited by LrgPizza

No, that cabin is not angled balcony. If you look at the deck plans, 9186 is the nearest angled to your cabin, just to give you some reference of how they appear on the deck plans. Also, if you look at a photo of the ship, you are just forward of District Brewhouse, up one deck. (You'll be able to look in there from your balcony), but you can see in a photo that all those cabins are flush.

I might be off a cabin or 2 from yours in my lovely drawing, but this gives you an idea:

angled_zpstqnotuwd.jpg

Ah I see that now, thanks

I was in 15156 spa balcony. It had a lounger 2 chairs and the table. However be aware pool/sun deck is above so there is an over hang roof above. So not a lot of sun some early morning or evening depending on direction of ship.

Wow! That's the exact same cabin I booked for me and my DW next year. Glad to hear it came with the lounger already! Hopefully that holds true. Sorry to track off topic, but did you take advantage of the thermal suites very often? Between the angled balcony and the thermal suites, I'm very pleased with my booking so far!

• 1 month later...
Wow! That's the exact same cabin I booked for me and my DW next year. Glad to hear it came with the lounger already! Hopefully that holds true. Sorry to track off topic, but did you take advantage of the thermal suites very often? Between the angled balcony and the thermal suites, I'm very pleased with my booking so far!

Sorry didn't see question until now. Yes used thermal suites almost every day. We also had Vibe passes so that is where we spent a lot of our time too.

I had an angled balcony on Escape last November and loved it! It didn't have a lounge chair(only two regular chairs), so when I went to the meet and greet on day2, I asked an officer that I was speaking with if I could get a lounge chair. He called over the hotel director and introduced me, he asked for my stateroom number, and when I got back to my cabin after the meet n greet, there was my lounge chair on the balcony! Now that is service!

I was truly impressed with all the crew on the ship because they wanted to make sure they were doing everything possible to make our cruise terrific!

I know you will have a wonderful time.

We just sailed the June 11-18 Escape in an angled balcony: 13292

When we arrived there was just two upright chairs and a small table. I left a note for our steward on day one asking if he could bring a lounger to our balcony please --and with a tip attached ;) By the time we arrived back to our room the lounger was on our balcony.

The lounger fit perfectly with the two small chairs and mini table. This was a nice treat since we were two adults and one child in our room

However be aware pool/sun deck is above so there is an over hang roof above. So not a lot of sun some early morning or evening depending on direction of ship.

I'm not much of a sun person so the over hang sounds great. BUT, is it stuffy at all or is there still plenty of wind/breeze?

• 6 years later...
On 6/23/2016 at 7:10 PM, williecruz said:

We just sailed the June 11-18 Escape in an angled balcony: 13292

When we arrived there was just two upright chairs and a small table. I left a note for our steward on day one asking if he could bring a lounger to our balcony please --and with a tip attached 😉 By the time we arrived back to our room the lounger was on our balcony.

The lounger fit perfectly with the two small chairs and mini table. This was a nice treat since we were two adults and one child in our room

I know this is an old post from you but I have a chance to book this room, do you remember if bed is by the balcony.