New upgrade program offer, thanks Celebrity!

cruise kitty

Our cruise is a Hawaiian one on Millennium on 4/15/16. We are Captains Club Elite. We were booked in CC1, cabin 6135. About 2 weeks ago we got an email offer to upgrade to AQ. Since we were happy with our cabin and I'm not a fan of Blu, we ignored the email. Two days ago, I got another email. It offered to upgrade us to a Sky Suite. I called my TA who contacted Celebrity. The offer was to upgrade to cabin 8127 for a fee of $400 for the cabin (not per person). Since we've been wanting to try Luminae and my husband really misses Michaels, we jumped on it. I'm still not sure what to do with a butler, but I'll figure it out.

So glad to hear that you had a TA. I thought Celebrity only got in touch with people that booked directly.

Congrats!!

Hope we get an offer on our upcoming Silhouette. Too far away yet.

It seems that Celebrity has followed the lead of NCL and rather than reduce fares, upsells those already booked and then they can dump the left over low end cabins as interior guarantees.

It works better than dropping fares.

That's great and good to hear that Celebrity is listening to us loyal cruisers. ;)

Previous poster wrote about a $400 upset to a loyal customer...I inadvertently shared the wrong quote...

Patty, are you on the same cruise as the OP's daughter and SIL? If not, please give us details of your cruise and offer. :)

Exact same thing happened to us for $300. Yep, we were hooked and booked the same to do the fjords! Celebrity won! Oh, my DH just said that he was not hooked; it was just me...however, I do all the planning and control the funds. You only live once.:cool:

Edited by Lastdance

Double good! :)

It seems that Celebrity has followed the lead of NCL and rather than reduce fares, upsells those already booked and then they can dump the left over low end cabins as interior guarantees.

It works better than dropping fares.

Monica - Our upcoming British Isles cruise has been dropping the rates left and right since final payment last week. :rolleyes::(:eek:

Just a view from the other end of the spectrum:

After booking, I always call and ask that my reservation be marked "no upgrades." You see, I spend a lot of time making sure that my cabin has a passenger deck above and below, as well as cabins across the corridor and once I'm happy with the location, I stay.

Why? Been there, done that. Sometimes the cruise line's idea of an upgrade isn't. I've ended up "upgraded" to a cabin above a nightclub with the boomety boomety bass until 2 AM, and to a suite below a pool deck with deck chairs dragging around above me at 7 AM. Another time I was "upgraded" to a suite with a blank wall across from it on the deck plan - and right across from me was a mop closet/scullery of some sort with dishes and glasses rattling at 7 AM.

Not everyone's idea of an upgrade is. Just sayin'