New Cruiser...Need Help

Hello Everyone,

My family and I are brand new to cruising. We have booked our first cruise on the Allure of the Seas sailing July 10, 2016 for 7 nights to the western caribbean. It is 4 of us My mom, dad, me, and my 10 year old (she will be 11 year at cruise time) niece. We are very excited. My question is I received an email recently from RCCL saying to plan your cruise and it had the links for the excursions, dining, entertainment, etc. The shore excursions came up with no problem. However, I went on to view the entertainment to check out the shows and the times and it gave me a message saying none were found and to book on the ship. Does this mean that it is too far out that the shows have not been added yet or does it mean that since we did book late that we are too late to book our show times early? The same came up for the dining as well.

Thank You

Hello Everyone,

My family and I are brand new to cruising. We have booked our first cruise on the Allure of the Seas sailing July 10, 2016 for 7 nights to the western caribbean. It is 4 of us My mom, dad, me, and my 10 year old (she will be 11 year at cruise time) niece. We are very excited. My question is I received an email recently from RCCL saying to plan your cruise and it had the links for the excursions, dining, entertainment, etc. The shore excursions came up with no problem. However, I went on to view the entertainment to check out the shows and the times and it gave me a message saying none were found and to book on the ship. Does this mean that it is too far out that the shows have not been added yet or does it mean that since we did book late that we are too late to book our show times early? The same came up for the dining as well.

Thank You

Yes, it is likely that it's too early to make dining and show reservations.

In the meantime, you may want to check in with your Roll Call here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2296671

These are the folks on your specififc cruise.

You can also register for the complimentary Meet & Mingle onboard the ship here:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do

Edited by clarea

I booked our June 11 cruise entertainment on January 16. I just looked at one of confirmation emails for the date. This was for Oasis. I would think you're not too early, but it's possible. I would keep checking. If they're booked up, they made add more dates and times. If not, I'f make that a priority when you board. The Aqua show and the ice skating show are outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's too far out to book shows....usually around the 90 day mark...start checking. Might take longer than that, tho, so don't freak out if it's still not available.

If you're looking to book a "popular" dining time..give up now...they hold back the 7pm (and surrounding times) for booking onboard only.

Here's some helpful things since you are new (I wish I knew this my first cruise).

-pack a variety of outfits...casual to formal...there are some formal nights for the dining hall if you choose to go.

-when you pack your luggage, in your carry on (keep with you even when you are going to the ship. let them take your checked luggage only). pack a swim suit, sunscreen, sunglasses, etc, Rooms aren't ready until early afternoon so you'll have to just walk around or most people will just hang out at the pool before/after lunch.

-call and double check your timed dining options so you know what to do when you on on the ship

-always keep some cash with your for when you venture off the ship and to leave for your stateroom attendant on your last day

-go to as many shows as you can...take advantage of it...but also keep time to just relax!