When/where/how for room upgrade options on RCI

Hello all. New to CC and new to Royal Caribbean also having on cruised on Carnival previously.

My wife and I have a cruise booked on Allure over the Christmas and New Years holidays (12/23/16 to 1/2/17) and we are currently in a D2 room.

I'm curious when/where/how to keep an eye out for a room upgrade option?

We technically booked through Verizon using their "SmartRewards" points program which discounts about 10% off of Royal Caribbean's web site pricing. It looks like Verizon is using a 3rd party by the name of "Travel Resource Solutions Inc" for their bookings. We've paid our deposit and our reservation shows up in the Royal Caribbean system but it doesn't currently allow for any reservation modifications.

We're not desperate for an upgrade but wanted to explore the option if/when the time comes. Just curious to know how it normally works with RCI.

Thanks

Complimentary upgrades are very unlikely anymore, and there's no predicting them.

However, you can keep watching prices and if a better stateroom comes down enough in price, Royal will normally let you upgrade, even if it's after final payment date.

Complimentary upgrades are very unlikely anymore, and there's no predicting them.

However, you can keep watching prices and if a better stateroom comes down enough in price, Royal will normally let you upgrade, even if it's after final payment date.

Bob...thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. Sorry, I should have clarified that I'm not seeking anything complimentary. I was mainly just curious how they handled purchasing an upgrade. Your reply seems to cover that, thank you.

Bob...thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. Sorry, I should have clarified that I'm not seeking anything complimentary. I was mainly just curious how they handled purchasing an upgrade. Your reply seems to cover that, thank you.

There are also times when they might contact you and offer a reduced price upgrade. This is usually closer in to the cruise date.

It appears that your booking is through an agency in which case, should you find a lower price on an upgrade, you must go through your agent to get it. Any "upsells" would be offered through the agent rather than directly to you.

It does not sound like your are familiar with this travel agency. If it were me I would get their contact info, hours of operation and if they charge for making changes. You would need the contact info to make any changes to your reservation. You will also need to go through them to make your final payment.

It may be that they have put you in a group reservation and that could impact any changes you might want to make later.