Tulips Amsterdam

pdx13

Indeed your best and probably only place will be Keukenhof. If needed they do some replanting there.

Very unlikely you will see them in the fields, might be too late in the season.

Indeed your best and probably only place will be Keukenhof. If needed they do some replanting there.

Very unlikely you will see them in the fields, might be too late in the season.

Are there tulips in the fields yet? I will be there April 17-28 which is supposed to be prime viewing time. Do you know if this year will be a normal year? Also is it worthwhile going to the flower auction in addition to Keukenhof?

Any local tips will certainly be welcome.

Are there tulips in the fields yet? I will be there April 17-28 which is supposed to be prime viewing time. Do you know if this year will be a normal year? Also is it worthwhile going to the flower auction in addition to Keukenhof?

Regarding Keukenhof:

There is a local weekly tulip update that you can follow (tulipsinholland.com): http://tulipsinholland.com/faq-tulips-and-keukenhof/weekly-tulips-and-flower-update/

The most recent update, published on March 8 is as follows:

"The past week the weather turned a bit colder than before. We have freezing temperatures at night and during the daytime we have sometimes some sunshine. Most of the time the weather looks a bit grey. In the previous reports we mentioned that we are expecting an early to regular springtime with the first tulip fields in bloom around the second week or mid April. This week this expectation is still the same. Keep in mind that the actual blooming will depend on the weather and temperature in the next few weeks. Unfortunately we can’t influence that.

In the last week we have see some new daffodil fields getting into bloom. This amount will increase as soon we have warmer weather and more sunshine. At this point there are no hyacinths or tulips in bloom in the fields. They are still in the ground getting ready to bloom. We do might see some crocus fields in the next few weeks."

Edited by dogs4fun

I think you will be timing it right! The early tulip varities are beginning to come into flower now but most don't come to bloom until April or even early May. I wouldn't bother with the flower auction personally. The keukenhof ensures that there will be many flowers to see.