Note to posters...

Danno

Just a little thing...when you are quoting another post, could you edit it down to the line or paragraph that you wish to address...I am re-reading posts to understand the point of the reply.

Just a little thing...when you are quoting another post, could you edit it down to the line or paragraph that you wish to address...I am re-reading posts to understand the point of the reply.

and for me, the computer stupid, how is that done??:confused:

Alberttiger! 197 days to go!

To just quote a line, you have two options:

One: after you hit reply, scroll down to the message you're quoting, select(highlight) the sentence you want to quote using your cursor, and click copy. Then scroll back to your reply, and hit the button that looks like a cartoon speach:

quote.gif

and then place the cursor bewteen the two "quote" word that appear in your message, and click copy. When you actually post, the quote will appear in a blue box. Downside is that it doesn't say who posted it.

Or, two: just press the quote button in the lower right hand corner of someone's post, and the whole quote will appear in your message, but you can then trim it down just to the sentence that's relevant by highlighting and deleting everything else but that sentence. Advantage is that it says "Oringially posted by blazerboy:" (or whoever your'e quoting;) ) above the blue box quote.

Note: Formatting doesn't always look right when you're typing your message, but usually straightens itself out once you hit 'reply.'

Andrew

Albertiger ~ do me a favor the next time you feel you are being "slaughtered" for expressing an opinion....hit the little triangle at the top of each post (it's next to the number up above) and let us know about it. We want the all of the boards to be friendly and helpful, just like Andrew, Ahoy, Erik and Danno have been in this thread!

Happy Cruising!

We want the all of the boards to be friendly and helpful,....like Danno, have been in this thread!

Happy Cruising!

"this thread" ??? I'm nice on all threads...I resent that...make you a host and you think you own the %$#@& board....I have never been rude to ANYONE HERE!! Who are you to pass judgement on me???

:D ...thanks Ann

Have a good weekend....(Newt and) I have a meeting in Toronto tomorrow...try to get along.

thanks for the moral support Anne, sometimes when you disagree with "the club" that thinks they own "X", you take a beating. no big deal though, just felt misunderstood and no amount of back and forth was going to enlighten anyone so set in their ways!;)

Don't forget the Windows shortcuts for copying and pasting:

CNTRL ( Control Key) + C = Copy the highlighted area to the clipboard

CNTRL+V= Paste the copied material from the clipboard.

Quick once you get used to it.

and for me, the computer stupid, how is that done??:confused:

At the bottom right of the post you wish to quote you will see a "quote" button, click on that and it will open a new post box for you, with the quote already there for you.

Just like that, you are computer smart again!! Congrats!!!:D

Albertiger ~ do me a favor the next time you feel you are being "slaughtered" for expressing an opinion....hit the little triangle at the top of each post (it's next to the number up above) and let us know about it.

!!! Thanks, Anne. I see that funny little triangle all the time but I always thought it was just some stylish logo! Instant flame controller. What other little hidden doodads are there?

Or, two: just press the quote button in the lower right hand corner of someone's post, and the whole quote will appear in your message, but you can then trim it down just to the sentence that's relevant by highlighting and deleting everything else but that sentence. Advantage is that it says "Oringially posted by blazerboy:" (or whoever your'e quoting;) ) above the blue box quote.

Had to try this for myself. Always wondered how you got that blue box...

To just quote a line, you have two options:

One: after you hit reply, scroll down to the message you're quoting, select(highlight) the sentence you want to quote using your cursor, and click copy. Then scroll back to your reply, and hit the button that looks like a cartoon speach:

This will be my last attempt to get the blue box. Appreciate your patience with my efforts.

Archived