Port Canveral parking versus others

Moonlighting

I will be driving down from SC with my DD & my thought was to arrive at port, park & wait until we can get on Freedom of the seas. Port canaveral 7 days is $110 but there is another place for $65 but you wait for a shuttle or $95 that includes hotel & shuttle. My last cruise we stayed in Cocoa & took hotel shuttle but it seemed late to get to terminal. I have searched this forum but still don't know what is best. Is the $110 so convenient & easy so I should pay that? I really appreciate advise.

We have cruised a LOT from Port Canaveral. We started many years ago staying at what was then an Econo lodge in Cocoa. It is now Americas Best Value Inn and they have a simple free breakfast. We drive from the NC coast, a 4 1/2 hour drive. We are seniors so pay around $75. They now charge an additional $5 per person for their shuttle to and from the port. Their 1st shuttle to the port is 10am It is very east to get to from 95 so we stay there even if our cruise is from Miami to Fort Lauderdale.

Neil is the manager and they can be reached at 321-632-4561, the direct line, or 888-721-9432 - but I recommend the direct line. Or, at email, abviportcanaveral@yahoo.com or,

website, abviprotcanaveral.com.

We live 30 minutes south of the port and usually get someone to drive us, however, on our last Freedom cruise that wasn't an option. We used Park Port Canaveral and prepaid online. Arrived that morning, parked in their lot and walked inside. Seemed a little chaotic, but really wasn't that bad once we realized they were backed up due to delays at the port. Shuttle took us right to the port, barely a five minute drive. Upon return, we did self disembark around I believe 7am. They had someone waiting already. Return shuttle was very quick and we were back home by just after 8am having coffee. Great service, wouldn't hesitate to book them again.

If you're coming the night before, I believe they offer some sort of stay, park, and cruise package since they are right across from the Ramada. Worth checking out.

I forgot to mention in my earlier post (#2) that the hotel we always stay at also allows parking in their lot just for the cruise. We've meet the same couple twice who live in Tampa and drive to Cocoa the day of the cruise and park at the hotel. I think they said they pay $30 but may also have to pay the one time fee of $5 for the shuttle. The 1st shuttle is at 10am and often there are two at the same time, both always full. Don't know what time other shuttles are.

Edited by Bonnie J.