Transatlantic Voyage

Lisanord1

This is our first trip and we are traveling from Miami to Rome in April. What types of clothes should we be packing? What temperatures should we be expecting at sea?

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Thw weather can be variable. It might be warm enough to use the pool deck some days, and cool and rainy other days. I'd bring layers, including a light, waterproof outler layer.

Typically the weather in many of these ports will begin with some cool temperatures early in the morning so you will likely want to wear a jacket but as the day progresses it will likely warm up where no jacket is required. So bring some clothing that you can layer.

It's a very nice time to visit many of these ports. Not hot or humid or wall to wall people that you can experience in July/August.

Keith

I am now packing for that TA and subsequent cruise. If you pull up ports you will find mid 60s daily high predicted every port. Bring rain gear. People dress nicely but conservatively on Celebrity.Bring a swimsuit and coverup for indoor pool .You will see fashion jeans in ports, less on board.No formal wear needed. Nice dresses fine. I am bringing only one capri jeans for 30 days 10 prs. pants, no shorts. 12 tops plus some dressy separates. 3 sweates, 3 jackets. Tiny evening bags for lipstick and door pass..I do one bag, rolling up clothes, most not needing ironing. Pack my 12 pr. shoes in a carryon which is not weighed.Lightweight hiking boots worn on plane. Bring moneybelt;Europe will be overrun with desperate folks..Should be a great trip. Enjoy!

Edited by zoncom

You'll need to bring a variety of clothing that can be layered. We've done 3 April TA's and each one had temps varying from 70's to 40's for the crossing. We had quite a bit of wind on ship, as well.

Inthe ports and Europe we mostly had beautiful weather in the 60-70 range.

On our first cruise, we did 3 days post-cruise in Rome, last week in April. We hit a terrible heat spell; temps were at least 90, if not more, and humid. We were wearing the often recommended dark jeans and shirts the first day; suffered a lot.

So, unfortunately you have to be prepared for many kinds of weather, but layering works. For instance; slacks, tee, sweater, jacket, so that you can take off layers (or add) as needed.