New Menus in O'Sheehans on the Jewel

kdzkatz

A la carte concept?

They have recently changed from a Pay One Price to A La Carte pricing. It is a new concept with how you dine in the specialties. As we don't normally eat much for each meal it works for us but I will miss seeing menus with no prices for the food in the specialties. We have had been in a suite with UDP the last couple cruises so it will be new again for us to visit the MDR on this cruise. We are looking forward to it. :)

Part of my wants to have the new O'Sheehans menus for our cruise and other parts of me don't as it would be one last hurrah for the pot pie, mozzarella sticks and chicken tenders.

Did anyone notice if they are offering plain ol' lobster and drawn butter in any of the specialties? My folks will have the UDP and my mom would really like to have that. Her and I are both lobster purists. Lobster, butter, nothing else. No cream sauce, veggie's, pasta or whatever. :D:p

Ok everyone slow down and take a breath. I am interested in O'Sheehan's AND the specialties. I am very aware after 7 NCL cruises which restaurant is what and which charge. I am only curious about the menu changes.

I'm not sure if a couple of you thought I was confused. In case you thought I was, I am not. I just want info about menus everywhere pretty much except for the buffet and MDR's.

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/cr_204_osheehan.pdf

This is the new menu for O'Sheehans. Complimentary as always.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

From what others that have very recently been on the Jewel have said, the menu you provided a link for is not yet available on the Jewel.

That is my main curiosity of why I started this thread. I was curious if it had changed over to the new menu and if not, when it is supposed to change.

Thank you for providing that link though.

Nope, I still think your confused. You say that O'Sheehans has moved from a 'one price' to 'a la Carte' it's never been one price and isn't a la Carte now. [emoji23]

Some of the ships have switched menus as quickly as predicted.

Edited by NCLfamily

Nope, I still think your confused. You say that O'Sheehans has moved from a 'one price' to 'a la Carte' it's never been one price and isn't a la Carte now. [emoji23]

Some of the ships have switched menus as quickly as predicted.

Lol....I think I see where I came across as confused but I am not. I understand that O'Sheehan's is inclusive. I was also curious about the specialty restaurants menu and they are not inclusive and a few of them have switched to an A La Carte concept vs the old Pay One Price.

All the new menus are available via that Beyond ships link I posted.

The problem is most of the menu's are at least a year old. It still shows Chin Chins having a charge. It has been inclusive for about a year now.

Some of them are up to date. The O'Sheehans one is months old.

I was surprised to see that was that new. I was hoping they had updated the others too.

Lol....I think I see where I came across as confused but I am not. I understand that O'Sheehan's is inclusive. I was also curious about the specialty restaurants menu and they are not inclusive and a few of them have switched to an A La Carte concept vs the old Pay One Price.

the jewel is getting the new menus on April 1 as per my pcc

also see the press release

https://www.ncl.com/press-releases/norwegian-cruise-line-unveils-norwegian-edge

the jewel is getting the new menus on April 1 as per my pcc

also see the press release

https://www.ncl.com/press-releases/norwegian-cruise-line-unveils-norwegian-edge

The press release mentions the Gem on April 1st so maybe that means all the Jewel class ships. I'm not sure why they don't mention the others. I guess we will find out very soon since April is just a little over a week away. :)

We were on the Sun in February and they already had the new MDR menus. We found them very good. They had also implemented the new speciality restaurants pricing. We're on the Jewel next year, so hoping to read lots of good reports!:)

The OP said O'Sheehan's was a la carte! I didn't think so!

I combined two thoughts at one time so it looks like that is what I was saying. They implemented a la carte but only in a few of the specialties. Sorry for making this thread more confusing than I intended. :o

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/cr_204_osheehan.pdf

This is the new menu for O'Sheehans. Complimentary as always.

is this the same menu they use on the complementary restaurant on the jade or will they wait until after her dry dock next year to implement it.....

Edited by Computer Nerd