Share a ride or advice

Hi

My friend and I are cruising on the Serenade of the Seas April 8 2016 . On that dreary day of return we are going to need to get to Miami airport for our flight back to Newfoundland . Anyone else flying out of Miami on the 18th who might want to share a ride or anyone who can give advice on the cheapest route .Has anyone used UBER to get from Fort Lauderdale port to Miami airport ?

Michele and my BFF Lynn

Hi

My friend and I are cruising on the Serenade of the Seas April 8 2016 . On that dreary day of return we are going to need to get to Miami airport for our flight back to Newfoundland . Anyone else flying out of Miami on the 18th who might want to share a ride or anyone who can give advice on the cheapest route .Has anyone used UBER to get from Fort Lauderdale port to Miami airport ?

Michele and my BFF Lynn

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Here is your roll call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2029969

This is where the folks on your sailing are conversing

Hi

Michele and my BFF Lynn

We used Uber all over Ft. Lauderdale (and it was great compared to taxis) but if your not familiar with Uber, you could get anything from a Nissan to a Cadillac with Uber X. You might have to upgrade to Uber XL to accommodate your luggage and/or the number of people in your party. Out of curiosity, we priced the trip upgrading to XL on our last cruise and if I recall correctly it was in the $70 range which is still cheaper than a taxi. My wife had already booked a limo service so we stuck with that plan.

Hi

Michele and my BFF Lynn

If you don't get to share a ride, the cheapest way would be to get a cab to Fort Lauderdale airport, then take the free shuttle to Tri Rail station which is a couple of minutes outside the airport. Tri Rail will take you right to the Miami airport. It will be a short walk along the people mover into the airport.

Tri Rail cost will be $5 or less per person. Maybe someone could say how much the cab is from the port to FLL, but I believe it is under $20 for the 2 of you. This will give you an idea what taking a cab or shared shuttle would be otherwise from Fort Lauderdale to Miami.

Edited to say you could take the cab right to the Tri Rail station and skip the shuttle. Shouldn't be anymore than a couple of dollars more.

Edited by CruisesOnMyMind