Freedom drink package discounts

I've seen some posts about some ships offering drink package discounts according to Crown and Anchor levels. Does anyone know if the Freedom is offering discounts at this time?

Thanks in advance.

There has not been a pattern discovered in the drink package discounts. All you can do is check your Cruise Planner.

As of last week, Freedom of the Seas was offering 30% off the Premium and Ultimate packages for Diamond members and 40% off for Diamond Plus.

However, the base rates for the packages was a bit higher onboard. I forget the specific pricing, though.

There has not been a pattern discovered in the drink package discounts. All you can do is check your Cruise Planner.

While logged-in, the planner shows the base price for the premium at $49. Do you know if that is where the discount should show up or will it show up after you've added it to your cart?

While logged-in, the planner shows the base price for the premium at $49. Do you know if that is where the discount should show up or will it show up after you've added it to your cart?

I would add it to your cart to be sure. You can go all the way through the check-out process to see the final price, as you won't actually purchase it until you enter your credit card info.

I would add it to your cart to be sure. You can go all the way through the check-out process to see the final price, as you won't actually purchase it until you enter your credit card info.

Thanks. I was almost afraid to go further after I added it to the cart. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me where it shows up. Worst case scenario is I accidentally purchase it. :eek::D

Went all the way to checkout and nothing showing. I'll keep checking or just buy it on the ship if there is a discount. With the vouchers, I'd only buy it if it was discounted.

Edited by Big_G

Thanks. I was almost afraid to go further after I added it to the cart. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me where it shows up. Worst case scenario is I accidentally purchase it. :eek::D

Just don't enter any credit card info.

Just don't enter any credit card info.

Went all the way to checkout and nothing showing. I'll keep checking or just buy it on the ship if there is a discount. With the vouchers, I'd only buy it if it was discounted.

As of last week, Freedom of the Seas was offering 30% off the Premium and Ultimate packages for Diamond members and 40% off for Diamond Plus.

However, the base rates for the packages was a bit higher onboard. I forget the specific pricing, though.

Did you see this on the the first day on the ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by *CENSORED*

Just took advantage of it for our Anthem trip...discount shows on the main page of the Cruise Planner (it was only on Premium and Ultimate) and was 20% off (now don't know if that amount is because I am a lowly emerald or what), but hey it equaled free tips;). I am a martini drinker and from what I've heard they're up around the $10 to $12 mark now, so made the $39/day price tag a bit easier to swallow (pun intended there folks:cool:). Hurt to pay for two of us for 12 nights, but I think we'll break even since the premium includes bottled water and soda as well:D

This is a little off topic....but, I'm hoping someone can answer. If you wait and buy the package on board, is it the same price per day? If you wait a few days in, is the daily price still the same? I was thinking about waiting and getting it for the last 5 days, but if they increase the price to compensate, it won't be worth it. Last year, I was struggling to get my money's worth by the end of the trip with the full 7-day package.

This is a little off topic....but, I'm hoping someone can answer. If you wait and buy the package on board, is it the same price per day? If you wait a few days in, is the daily price still the same? I was thinking about waiting and getting it for the last 5 days, but if they increase the price to compensate, it won't be worth it. Last year, I was struggling to get my money's worth by the end of the trip with the full 7-day package.

Price was the same in January and June when I boarded.

The price did not change per day by waiting later in those trips

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

On our recent cruises on Brilliance and Vision, we did not see any difference in the drink package price onboard vs. pre-cruise. However, Vision did offer drink cards (10 drinks for $79/$85) towards the end of the cruises.

Edited by clarea

For our Freedom of the Seas cruise, they were charging more for the package onboard (although I think the per-day price remained the same until the last day or two when they had end-of-cruise specials).

I don't remember the exact pricing, but I believe that it was $49/day for the Premium package online and $53/day onboard (both plus 18% gratuity). Complicating things, as I mentioned above, were that people who were Diamond or above who purchased the package onboard were getting 30-40% discounts.