Awesome Week on the Breakaway - Mar. 13-20

Mom to 2

We spent an amazing week last week on the Breakaway! The weather was fantastic! We cruised on the Jewel in 2010 and the Gem in 2011 and loved all 3 cruises. This time we were with a large group of about 100 people, so lots of families and children of all ages. I can honestly say that we have nothing to complain about. In fact, we kept having that conversation all week long. We were quite organized and had booked an early tender for GSC and made a few dinner reservations, especially for the night we had a dinner for 74 people. Other nights we showed up for dinner with anywhere from 6 to 12 people and were always seated within 10 minutes. We would enjoy a drink while we waited. :)

We thoroughly enjoyed all of the activities on the ship and our kids made excellent use of the sports court, waterslides, ropes course, mini golf and the soft serve ice cream. We stayed on the ship in Florida and had fun in the pools and hot tubs. At GSC, we headed to the lagoon beach and had a wonderful day swimming and relaxing in the sun. In Nassau, we explored a bit and did some shopping. This was our 3rd time in the same ports, but we still had fun.

Everyone had the UBP and enjoyed many delicious cocktails, frozen drinks and wine with dinner. We did not have issues with wait time for bar service and received excellent waiter service by the pool and while on deck 16.

This isn't a complaint, but we did enjoy the entertainment more on the Jewel and the Gem. I get that they have big name shows on the Breakaway, but I did not want to pay more to see the Cirque show and I'd seen Rock of Ages in NYC. I will say that Rock of Ages is NOT appropriate for children, at all! Burn Down the Floor is totally fine though. We enjoyed both shows. We loved the dueling pianos in Headliners and went back to see hear them play a few times.

Our cabin was a large balcony for a family of 4. Our kids are 11 and 14. We liked the design with the main bed by the balcony as it was an issue for us on the Gem when the bunk bed blocked the patio door. We loved the large balcony with the lounge chairs!

I will agree that disembarkation can be a nightmare. We knew about the early line up and joined it a few minutes after 7. The line finally moved to exit the ship just before 8 and we were on the street by about 8:15. Some of our friends got stuck on their floors and were quite delayed getting off the ship.

Overall, this was a fantastic, much needed vacation. The Breakaway is a beautiful ship! We are Canadian and really hope that our dollar improves so we can book another cruise. :D

Great review! Question for you...how do you "book" a tender for GSC. We also have a large group. TIA

We did it through the iconcierge app. under entertainment. It was easy! We got in tender A and were on the island around 9:30.

I forgot to mention the app. It was great for keeping track of our kids and checking what was happening on the ship. It took us a bit to figure it out because, for anyone not in your cabin, you need to exchange your number or code given to you when you sign up. It will show up in the app. Once we stopped trying to enter our friends' cell numbers we were able to message everyone who the app.

• 2 weeks later...

You mentioned soft serve ice cream. Where was that located? I know that will make my son happy!

We were on the LOS/Royal Caribbean in September. They had a help yourself soft ice cream station on the pool deck. There was no extra charge. Is this the same type of thing?

Thanks, going in June.:)