Entertainment in bars

lindabodrum

There is a theatre at the forward end of the ship and a very large show lounge at the aft. The many bars and area about the atrium have various entertainment ideas which vary throughout the cruise. Precise details are published daily in the "Horizon" newsletter. In this way you can decide where to attend and whether there is something special programmed or not at that time. There is a choice in the evenings all the time.

Regards John

In addition to JW's comments, Azura has another showbar, Malabar, which is midships as well as the Planet bar on deck 18 which generally will have music on each evening. Then there is Brodies Pub, where all the quiz games take place, as well as sport on the big screen TV's, and the Blue bar around the Atrium which is normally the venue for a pianist each evening.

In fact P&O does seem to beat most other lines with the number and variety of venues and different types of entertainment.

In addition to JW's comments, Azura has another showbar, Malabar, which is midships as well as the Planet bar on deck 18 which generally will have music on each evening. Then there is Brodies Pub, where all the quiz games take place, as well as sport on the big screen TV's, and the Blue bar around the Atrium which is normally the venue for a pianist each evening.

In fact P&O does seem to beat most other lines with the number and variety of venues and different types of entertainment.

Indeed, the main problem I have found with modern P&O ships is the absence of any quiet bar like Andersons where you can go for a quiet drink and civilised conversation without being forcibly entertained.

Indeed, the main problem I have found with modern P&O ships is the absence of any quiet bar like Andersons where you can go for a quiet drink and civilised conversation without being forcibly entertained.

Yes; I would agree with this there is typically music etc. happening almost everywhere. This is a more realistic take on, life on board of an evening.

Regards John

I am on Azura in June for the first, but done 2 cruises on her sister ship Ventura. I understand both ship are very similar, so I am expecting the same procedures. Although fantastic, my only slight gripe was to do with the entertainment in the two cabaret bars. It was hard to get a good seat unless you went very early before the entertainment started.

The problem was, while one cabaret bar was full the other was half empty. This was because the entertainment was only on in one of them at a time. While the other just had a disco. When the entertainment ended in one, it would then start in the other, ensuring a mass exodus from one bar to the other and a scramble for seats. The simple answer for me would be to have entertainment in both bars at the same time, giving and even spread of people and available seats, and of course more choice