Final payment already made - can we get OBC promo?

wezie

Hi. I booked through a travel agent that is closed for the weekend. We just made final payment last week and now I see that Norwegian is offering an OBC. Will we still be able to get that?

Are out in the US? I can't find an OBC thru NCL. I did find one with Amex.

Thanks

I'm sorry to say that if you're after final payment you won't qualify for the new (and short-window) OBC offer. You can have your TA call Monday and lobby on your behalf but the Terms and Conditions clearly state "new bookings only".

I have read on this board where some folks say they have received some sort of added benefit by calling and asking / complaining but once you're beyond final payment that's typically it.

Not surprised with this end of month, end of quarter promotion - less than 1 week to go and earning results will be looked upon by analysts on Wall Street ... numbers to help boost the financials and support the forecasts ahead.

Prices for Bermuda sailing out of NYC for early May also dropped, as it's past final payment/penalty cutoff - still good cabin availability in most categories ... accounting/finance would do the same, regardless of cruiselines, to fill those empty cabins - unsold ones equal zero revenue :D and crew still need to be paid their contracted rates.

Oops, wait - oh, RCI offering residents rates for NY, NJ & PA - a quickie getaway, AOS for $5XX for 5 nights & $7XX for 7 nights ... the competition's starting rates are lower, hmmm :D It gets interesting b/c email from X a few days ago for Bermuda, insides starting at just $5XX for 7 nights, 2nd. week in May (2016) but no (similar) "Free At Sea" specials (as that's a no-frills deal, which is fine for some - like us, bargain shoppers).

Always do one's homework & calculate the odds/risks - once it's paid in full, there isn't a lot of room to negotiate - directly with the line or via TA. Best to hope for, they will move up the cabin category at no charge (and, no extra perks as those are for new bookings only ... it is all buried in the fineprints as disclosures)

Edited by mking8288

Thank you, OP .

I hope you have luck with this. I was able to add it to our sold-out suite category .We are not past final, however.. Do not have TA and didn't use a PCC this time as our last one was an Arrogant jerk.

I already have the new confirmation with added $300 OBC

Have a great day!

Nora

Care to elaborate??!

Yes.

When you go to NCL.com and se the Free at Sea promo on the home page it does not show this added OBC deal. You have pick your ship ,go to "dates and pricing" and you will see it as a new little bar in the lower cocrner of the date and category that you choose. It is dark green and called $ extra OBC. It is combinable with "free at sea".

You would never know about this promo unless you look at the Dates and Pricing.

Nora

I apologize for my typing, I just had a minor hand surgery and am feeling all thumbs!

Edited by DrNora

Thanks for this information! Quick question we booked the week before the service grat increased for the Beverage package, I wonder if we would still qualify for the OBC? I don't see anywhere on the site where it wouldn't apply in these cases.... Thoughts anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi. I booked through a travel agent that is closed for the weekend. We just made final payment last week and now I see that Norwegian is offering an OBC. Will we still be able to get that?

You can't get the onboard credit if you already made the final payment. You would have to cancel and re-book and if your cruise is fairly close, they will charge a cancellation fee, which isn't worth the extra OBC

You can't get the onboard credit if you already made the final payment.

OP didn't say if they are already in the non-free cancellation period or not - making the payment does not matter, if you can still cancel for free, you can do so even if you already paid in full.

OP didn't say if they are already in the non-free cancellation period or not - making the payment does not matter, if you can still cancel for free, you can do so even if you already paid in full.

Yes, thanks for clarifying. It all depends on when OP's cruise is.

How do you tell how much OBC you get for different categories? It sounds like someone got $300 for their suite category. We have a future balcony and another future oceanview booked. Not sure if it's worthwhile but would help to know how much.

How do you tell how much OBC you get for different categories? It sounds like someone got $300 for their suite category. We have a future balcony and another future oceanview booked. Not sure if it's worthwhile but would help to know how much.

Just call or do a mock booking- I pulled up the dates for my cruise, clicked on my category and then on the little green bar for OBC.

Edited by DrNora

Just call or do a mock booking- I pulled up the dates for my cruise, clicked on my category and then on the little green bar for OBC.

It doesn't seem to be available for our 2017 Escape sailings so the mock booking I tried didn't work. However tried it for our October 2016 and saw $100 for balcony and $60 for ocean view. My cost for UBP would go up $19 per person and our dinners would drop from 4 to 3.

I did a mock booking for our Oct 2 Getaway trip and it's $140 OBC for our M6 with only a $5 fare increase for pax 1 and 2. I booked when only 1 promo was offered so I could re-book with OBC and a second offer :)

Any idea how the OBC is applied if you have 4 booked in a cabin?

I did a mock booking for our Oct 2 Getaway trip and it's $140 OBC for our M6 with only a $5 fare increase for pax 1 and 2. I booked when only 1 promo was offered so I could re-book with OBC and a second offer :)

Any idea how the OBC is applied if you have 4 booked in a cabin?

1 per cabin

Just be careful and do the math on the latest OBC & Free At Sea promo prices, especially when Sail Away (no frills) prices are available are available . .. like these BA sailings this May to Bermuda. You end up paying more for less and there's no OBC. It should be obvious for anyone doing a bit of price comparison.

Screenshot below should speak for itself on the math. Deals or no deals, each can decide - most definitely, don't pay the higher rate for WiFi or Shorex credits. [emoji15]

46c3d5c148dc5c86764b5d550cdd84ba.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Edited by mking8288

The real question is are you past the time that you can cancel without penalty. If you are in the penalty phase you are out of luck. If you are not in penalty phase, even if you have actually made the final payment you should be able to get it.

OBC from the cruise line is usually split between passengers 1 and 2 (rarely only for passenger 1, never for 3rd and up).
Thanks Demonyte! This was the exact info I was after

My husband and I each got 150.00 , total of 300 .
So, your cabin category qualified you for $300 total and they split it between both of you, or was the offer for $150 and they actually credited both pax the OBC amount (double what you thought you were getting)? Did that make sense? LOL