Lunch in Hamilton

sayla27

Looking for a quick, (relatively) inexpensive lunch for my daughters (10 yo and 8 yo) and I to grab while shopping in Hamilton when hubby is on a fishing charter. Any ideas? Mainly shopping on Front and Reid Streets.

We've eaten at the Hog Penny many times and I don't recommend it as a good place to bring a 10 yo and 8 yo. It's very much a pub, and the prices aren't that reasonable (not that prices anywhere in Bermuda are cheap). Most of the menu is unlikely to appeal to children that age, and one of the few items that might, a hamburger, costs about $18.

Far more attractive to children that age, and cheaper, would be the KFC on Queen St., Bermuda's only US-style fast food restaurant.

Far more attractive to children that age, and cheaper, would be the KFC on Queen St., Bermuda's only US-style fast food restaurant.

Good grief! We can offer you more than a 'US-style fast food restaurant' (which only exists because it started before the legislation came in to ban such abominations).

Downstairs at the Washington Mall (on Church St, opposite City Hall) is a food court with various options for a quick and casual lunch.

Or there is a well respected lunch cart on Front St, close to the ferry terminal. Sit and watch the harbour right there.

Or go into the Market Place (supermarket) on Church St just a little further up than the bus station for sandwiches, a salad bar, fruit, cookies, drinks etc.

Venture down the hill behind City Hall to Victoria Park, or walk behind the Perot Post Office on Queen St to Elizabeth Park, for pleasant places outdoors to sit and eat.

Good grief! We can offer you more than a 'US-style fast food restaurant' (which only exists because it started before the legislation came in to ban such abominations).

Downstairs at the Washington Mall (on Church St, opposite City Hall) is a food court with various options for a quick and casual lunch.

Or there is a well respected lunch cart on Front St, close to the ferry terminal. Sit and watch the harbour right there.

Or go into the Market Place (supermarket) on Church St just a little further up than the bus station for sandwiches, a salad bar, fruit, cookies, drinks etc.

Venture down the hill behind City Hall to Victoria Park, or walk behind the Perot Post Office on Queen St to Elizabeth Park, for pleasant places outdoors to sit and eat.

I appreciate your suggestions....but not your "good grief" comment.

Remember, we're talking about 8 and 10 yo American children, not where you or I would choose to eat.

I appreciate your suggestions....but not your "good grief" comment.

Remember, we're talking about 8 and 10 yo American children, not where you or I would choose to eat.

Skeptical that most modern American children would choose to eat at KFC or find it attractive. Maybe it is a regional thing but around here we are down to one KFC in Washington DC and a few in Maryland. Virginia seems to have a few more but not many. I think KFC days of being attractive to most Americans of any age are over.

Edited by Charles4515

I agree with all of your suggestions...I really enjoy the new Washington mall...

Skeptical that most modern American children would choose to eat at KFC or find it attractive. Maybe it is a regional thing but around here we are down to one KFC in Washington DC and a few in Maryland. Virginia seems to have a few more but not many. I think KFC days of being attractive to most Americans of any age are over.

All I know is that the KFC closest to my home is always busy.