Legend JS 8044

Maksim

Appreciate any comments on JS 8044 on Legend. Our cruise is still pretty far away, but I read that there is some noise from above. Also, someone else said that there is a window washer platform that blocks the view. Any other observations are welcome. We never had JS before, only balcony. Very excited and want it to be special.

We had 8544 which is opposite yours. We heard occasional scraping of chairs above during the day, but usually only when on the balcony. There is a window washer above but it never bothered us. We have booked 8042 and leave next Sunday. I'm sure it'll be fine [emoji2][emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We had JS 8044 on Legend for our Panama Canal Cruise last year. The window cleaning gantry was visible just above our balcony but was not obtrusive at all. It's a lovely spot- near the centrum, but noise was not an issue at all- on party nights they closed the doors at the start of the corridor. Don't remember hearing any noise from above :)

Here's a photo of the ship. 8044 is the balcony cabin just below the gantry.

http://s16.postimg.org/pxqa2kq1h/IMG_5228.jpg

Appreciate any comments on JS 8044 on Legend. Our cruise is still pretty far away, but I read that there is some noise from above. Also, someone else said that there is a window washer platform that blocks the view. Any other observations are welcome. We never had JS before, only balcony. Very excited and want it to be special.

We had JS 8040 on a transatlantic a couple of years ago. Noise was not too bad, just some early morning carts rolling back and forth to Park Cafe.

Thank you all so much. We still have plenty of time until our cruise, so I have a chance to change to a different JS. Is it worth doing? Can anyone tell? If so, where to?

Helen.

Thank you all so much. We still have plenty of time until our cruise, so I have a chance to change to a different JS. Is it worth doing? Can anyone tell? If so, where to?

Helen.

I want to correct my earlier post about JS 8040, I was getting mixed up with another cruise. JS 8040 is right under the Diamond Lounge. There was some noise (moving chairs) during the nightly cocktail hour, but no rolling carts, and no noise at all after 9pm. I'd be happy to have that stateroom again.

Just to add to the conversation, we also had 8044. We did hear the cart used to collect dirty dishes from above in the morning. Not a big enough deal to worry about, but just know when you hear a clumping noise, that's what it is. But we loved the location. We are D+ so we had use of Concierge lounge which was right up the stairs on the other side of the deck. Great location for us. Also love JS's, but on Legend no walk in closet. But still a great room.

It was far enough from the Centrum that noise wasn't a problem.

I second the problem w/ the cleaning gantry. It blocked some of the view and also marred a few of my photos.

We cruised in April-May 2014.

Edited by knittinggirl

Just to add to the conversation, we also had 8044. We did hear the cart used to collect dirty dishes from above in the morning. Not a big enough deal to worry about, but just know when you hear a clumping noise, that's what it is. But we loved the location. We are D+ so we had use of Concierge lounge which was right up the stairs on the other side of the deck. Great location for us. Also love JS's, but on Legend no walk in closet. But still a great room.

I agree, great location, and I'd stay there again in a heartbeat. Loved not having to use the elevator to go to the lounge.

Thank you all for great feedback. Some of you didn't have an issue with the platform and some did. So, the question for those that thought it blocks the view: if you were to do it again, would you pick a different cabin and if so, what would you recommend? I still have plenty of time before the cruise and most likely can change it. Helen.

Balcony dividers do not open on Legend.

Sorry to check this again, I have been looking at images of LOS on the internet and watching youtube videos. There are many pictures that show the balcony dividers open on decks 6 (after the 2013 refurb the balconies were added) and deck 7.

Can anyone confirm that they actually open, particularly on deck 6?

From the pictures, the ship had the balconies on this deck added and it kind of sticks out in you compare old and new images of the ship. It also shows that there are no hard metal dividers on deck 6.

See images in this CC thread -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1813495