Evesway or Intercruises

spf

Hi have always used Evesway to travel to Southampton (it used to be P&0 chosen provider) so I stayed with them. Have two cruises booked for this year and just wondered if Cruise Connect offer anything different to Evesway. Thankyou

Haven't used them before but a lot of the Eavesway coaches seem to be quite new modern coaches that look very luxurious. I believe some of their coaches occasionally have things like tv and wifi if you get one of the coaches that is used by professional sports teams

Hi have always used Evesway to travel to Southampton (it used to be P&0 chosen provider) so I stayed with them. Have two cruises booked for this year and just wondered if Cruise Connect offer anything different to Evesway. Thankyou

Both are pretty good - Eavesway do have slightly more recent coaches but both have good comfort with reclining back rests and also a toilet on board. Both have admin stops as well as as lunch stops where they can fit the best motorway stops into the journey schedule. We did use Eavesway when they were the P&O default but now Intercruises is the P&O default and we have used them last year and this year without problems (apart from some traffic delays that are not their fault - such as on Friday last when the Easter getaway did add half an hour to our journey home).... we are happy with that way of getting to and from Southampton. Hope that helps.

Edited by mcloaked

We have always used Eavesway and will continue to do so as Inter Cruises do not own their own coaches (they are a thomson (Tui) company) and everything is sub contracted out. I believe the type of coach provided by Inter Cruises may be a bit of a hit or a miss as I have seen many critical posts and many complimentary posts so, sorry, take your pick. We travel from Glasgow and Inter Cruises leave anything up to 1 hour before Eavesway and may take detours for passengers, but still arrives around 2-00 pm

We have travelled with both and think that Eavesway are better. We have always had a positive experience with Eavesway but on both occasions that we have been with with Intercruises we have had poor coaches down to Southampton and Ellisons coaches on the return journey, if you are lucky enough to get an Ellisons coach they are on a par with Eavesway. Our first journey with Intercruises the coach to Southampton let in the rain and we were convinced that it would not make it to Southampton.

Hi - I used Eavesway last year and just returned from cruise (20th March) when I used Intercruise, which as mentioned were Ellisons coaches. I found the Ellisons coach to be slightly better than Eavesway but both are well organised and efficient. We also had traffic issues due to an accident on M6 but all was handled well and we were informed of ETA and timing updates. I suppose really it depends on nearest/most convenient pick up points as to your decision as I think cost wise they are comparable.

Have used both, and consider them to be as good/bad as each other.

All I can add to the discussion is that last year we booked Eavesway as a one-way from Southampton to Blackpool, having done a transatlantic crossing. It took us NINE hours to get home :eek: , not because of traffic problems but due to the coach giving us a mystery tour of Britain to drop small numbers of people off at many different places. We could only put this down to Eavesway not having as many bookings as usual from the NorthWest due to them no longer being P&O's preferred provider.

Just as an update after reading Jammy Bun - the Eavesway coach had more pickup/drop off destinations during both journeys whereas Ellisons was a direct there and back only stopping for a comfort break which was much better and a faster journey. I assume, as said, that is due to having to amalgamate passengers from different hub points on route.

I gave up on the coaches eventually because of this problem of picking up passengers everywhere; it took forever to get home to the north east and then I had to be picked up from a motorway service station!

I get the train down the day before now; 5 and a half hours direct and a nice hotel overnight; much easier, once I've hauled my suitcase on board! Having just finished packing for Friday's cruise I've checked i can lift it for the journey tomorrow.