deposit for a new booking on board???

plucasana

can anyone tell me:

Can I use my non refundable shipboardcredit for the downpayment / deposit of a cruise that I book onboard?

tia

sandra

You can't book a cruise onboard (unless this is a new thing they have recently introduced)

There is a cruise consultant selling future cruises on all European sailings I've been on; not sure whether you can use OBC though - it can't harm to ask

They just sell a voucher for an OBC or on a future cruise. I've never known them to take actual bookings.

On the Divina you can book on board.

Ii find out in a few days if they've introduced that to other ships. There were a few disgruntled people about the restrictions on use of the vouchers (at least on the European scheme).

So do they give you an incentive to book onboard?

Ii find out in a few days if they've introduced that to other ships. There were a few disgruntled people about the restrictions on use of the vouchers (at least on the European scheme).

So do they give you an incentive to book onboard?

It's a minor incentive, but they do offer a a small OBC based on the experience you are booking. Bella was $25.00 and Fantasia was $50.00. Not sure what other experiences were offering in terms of obc but the cruise consultant said the new policy gave 'half' the obc as the voucher system.

This will work well if you know the exact sailing and ship you plan to book and don't need to make any changes to the reservation; but I asked about making a booking and then canceling and was told that as long as I canceled before penalty period I could apply the deposit to the new booking but the obc would not transfer.

So I habe booked on board and have gotten a really big obc! (I have two cabins booked b2b in yc with 4*200$) The only problem is that somehow they did not put the name of my ta on every of the 4 bookings (only on one to be precise). now the first statement was that it is too late to transfer the booking to a ta. given that it is not my fault, because i told them what ta i wanted to use while booking (proven by the fact that ONE of the bookings reached my ta), I hope that they will adjust the booking somehow.

anyway, you can not use obc for the deposit, you lose your deposit if you cancel (at least for european customers) but they claim they adjust the price if it changes...

we will see...

anyway, you can not use obc for the deposit, you lose your deposit if you cancel (at least for european customers) but they claim they adjust the price if it changes...

we will see...

I specifically asked about adjusting prices if the price goes down and the answer was "Up until penalty period" which I believe is now 90 days prior to sailing? That doesn't work for me because I haven't booked 90 days in advance of a sailing in well over a decade.

Edited by BermudaBound2014

ok, I M not that cool, I always book as early as possible, this time I booked for 2018 😊. so 90 days is usually the time I pay full amount...

but they did not tell me about the 90 days!

in germany you cannot cancel without penalty. you always lose the deposit.