Question About Rome Excursions - Cruising July 14, 2015

Hello! Glad to be part of this forum. While I've cruised several times before, this is my first time cruising the Western Med. I'm a little confused about how the Rome shore excursions work since they're on Day 1 and that's the day the day of departure. The one I'm interested in leaves at 6:45am and lasts for 10 hrs and 30 min. When does that leave time for check-in, etc.? The ship leaves at 8pm!

I'm planning on getting to Rome earlier and would rather tour the day before the ship leaves. I'm assuming I'm not the only one who does this. If so, then that would mean I wouldn't be the only one hanging around a huge, empty ship on the day of departure, lol!

Any advice is much appreciated.

Edited by honeybelle7
Need to change title of thread

Welcome to Cruise Critic! :D

I am guessing here, but I think the Day1 Rome tour is not intended for you to be able to book it.

Previous ships in that region have been doing interporting, where passengers board the ship to begin their cruise from different ports.

So for people that boarded at a different port, your Rome embarkation day, might be Day 3 of their cruise. I certainly may be wrong, but I also haven't seen lengthy excursions offered on Day 1 for most cruises. :D

Have fun!

Hello! Glad to be part of this forum. While I've cruised several times before, this is my first time cruising the Western Med. I'm a little confused about how the Rome shore excursions work since they're on Day 1 and that's the day the day of departure. The one I'm interested in leaves at 6:45am and lasts for 10 hrs and 30 min. When does that leave time for check-in, etc.? The ship leaves at 8pm!

I'm planning on getting to Rome earlier and would rather tour the day before the ship leaves. I'm assuming I'm not the only one who does this. If so, then that would mean I wouldn't be the only one hanging around a huge, empty ship on the day of departure, lol!

Any advice is much appreciated.

If you are getting to Rome sooner you could book a private tour the day before.

Highly recommend Rome In Limo.

http://www.romeinlimo.com/

You can also see their reviews here:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187791-d1739408-Reviews-Rome_In_Limo_Day_Tours-Rome_Lazio.html

Thanks so much for your response. I called RC and actually, you're right! It turns out my ship originates in Barcelona but I board in Rome (my cruise is 7 days so I guess it's 10 days for the other folks). For them, it would be the third day. I decided to tour Rome the day before I board.

Thanks, again. 107 days left!

Thanks so much for your response. I called RC and actually, you're right! It turns out my ship originates in Barcelona but I board in Rome (my cruise is 7 days so I guess it's 10 days for the other folks). For them, it would be the third day. I decided to tour Rome the day before I board.

Thanks, again. 107 days left!

If you are talking about Harmony, the cruise is 7 days for everyone. It is a circle route, some people go Barcelona to Barcelona and other Rome to Rome.

If you are talking about Harmony, the cruise is 7 days for everyone. It is a circle route, some people go Barcelona to Barcelona and other Rome to Rome.

She's not talking about Harmony Leo. And with interporting their cruise will only be 7 days, just as yours is honeybelle7. The passengers that embarked in Barcelona will disembark in Barcelona, and your cruise will bring you back to Rome.

I'm glad that we got it figured out. :D

Or maybe she is. I see what you are saying now. My mistake. :o