Next Cruise Pros & Cons

During a recent cruise our friends made a deposit on a Next Cruise for cabins for them and for us with the understanding the reservation they made for us can be transferred to us along with the OBC for that cabin. Sounds good, but we haven't did Next Cruise before and I remember a forum or two or three discussing the many disadvantages of Next Cruise. Specifically how Next Cruise makes you ineligible for other discounts or perks.

Can anyone provide a short and sweet version of the latest Next Cruise terms and conditions or pros and cons? If it makes a difference, our C&A status is Platinum; we also have the RCI Visa and will have enough points to redeem for B1G1 balcony and a bunch of OBC.

During a recent cruise our friends made a deposit on a Next Cruise for cabins for them and for us with the understanding the reservation they made for us can be transferred to us along with the OBC for that cabin. Sounds good, but we haven't did Next Cruise before and I remember a forum or two or three discussing the many disadvantages of Next Cruise. Specifically how Next Cruise makes you ineligible for other discounts or perks.

Can anyone provide a short and sweet version of the latest Next Cruise terms and conditions or pros and cons? If it makes a difference, our C&A status is Platinum; we also have the RCI Visa and will have enough points to redeem for B1G1 balcony and a bunch of OBC.

The next cruise gives you OBC in these amounts:

Open Booking

------------

5-7 nights; $25

8-10 nights: $50

11-14 nights: $75

15+ nights: $100

I don't know of any restrictions to using this OBC with other discounts.

Did they put the reservation in your name...then no transfer is required. Maybe not the same but I have purchased many NCC's and I could always transfer them once to who ever I wanted to along with the OBC and those could be combined with other discounts available that may apply.