Hotel in Port Canaveral

Cruisin'Kim

Hi everyone, our next cruise we are sailing out of Port Canaveral for the first time, and we are looking for hotels. We would like to fly in 2 days early so that we can go to Kennedy Space Center for a tour the day before. We were looking at Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral. Could I get some feedback from people that have sailed out of Port Canaveral as far as hotels near the Space Center and the Port? We don't mind spending a little more for a nice place to start our holiday, but aren't super fussy either :)

Homewood is not open yet, I believe they are accepting ressies beginning in early May. This a good area for both the port (obviously) and KSC as there really aren't that many rooms closer to KSC. And at the port location you are near many more and interesting food options.

In the immediate area of the new Homewood you'd also find the Radisson, Country Inn and suites, and Residence Inn .... all the food options of "the Cove" and only minutes from the beach .... a search here for any of these hotels or "cove" will yield many reviews/opinions

Hi everyone' date=' our next cruise we are sailing out of Port Canaveral for the first time, and we are looking for hotels. We would like to fly in 2 days early so that we can go to Kennedy Space Center for a tour the day before. We were looking at Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral. Could I get some feedback from people that have sailed out of Port Canaveral as far as hotels near the Space Center and the Port? We don't mind spending a little more for a nice place to start our holiday, but aren't super fussy either :)[/quote']

Depending on the size of your party, you may want to check out the suites at the Residence Inn. These are true two-bedroom suites with privacy and bathrooms for each bedroom. It's saved us some money when traveling with another couple.

Thanks for the info! I never thought about the 2 bedroom suites at Residence Inn, we're cruising with another couple and sharing a room with 2 bedrooms nay be a great idea! Do you know if the 2 bedrooms are the same?

check out the doubletree or the hilton in cocoa beach! Cocoa beach is prob the best and more beautiful location if you want to visit kennedy space center as well

https://www.goportcanaveral.com/fly-snooze-cruise/orlando-airport

look over those packages they can customize your stay almost any way you want. I stayed at the embassy once and got to go back after the cruise with no extra charge before my flight home :cool:

Thanks for the info! I never thought about the 2 bedroom suites at Residence Inn' date=' we're cruising with another couple and sharing a room with 2 bedrooms nay be a great idea! Do you know if the 2 bedrooms are the same?[/quote']

We have a two bedroom currently reserved. I believe they are both king beds.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
Depending on the size of your party, you may want to check out the suites at the Residence Inn. These are true two-bedroom suites with privacy and bathrooms for each bedroom. It's saved us some money when traveling with another couple.

Can you please tell which Residence Inn you are speaking of? I see about 8 of them in Orlando. Do any of them have airport shuttle? WE will be two families of 4 travelling on NCL Epic in Dec.

Can you please tell which Residence Inn you are speaking of? I see about 8 of them in Orlando. Do any of them have airport shuttle? WE will be two families of 4 travelling on NCL Epic in Dec.

I was talking about the Residence Inn in Cape Canaveral, 8959 Astronaut Blvd.

Residence Inn is a good choice. Another option, however, might be this:

Where are you flying into? If its Orlando, there's lots of good hotels near the airport (or even near Disney), and you'd get to see some of the area highlights with your time. I think the Cocoa Beach area is more of a one-day thing (IMO). Assuming you're renting a car, many rental companies won't charge extra for renting in Orlando, dropping off at Cocoa Beach.