Spice H20 and Waterfront on "away" ships

lanabanana

I'm researching our Breakaway cruise in November and keep reading about Spice H20 and the Waterfront, but I don't know what they are! Can someone please enlighten me? I'm gathering they are both places I'll want to be hanging out?

Also.....is there a list somewhere of which restaurants are free on the Breakaway and what the prices are on the extra cost restaurants??

Thanks so much!

Spice H2O is an area at the aft of the ship. Much of the time it is adults only. There is a bar there. I'm struggling to remember specifically what there is there pool or hot tub wise on the away ships (I think just hot tubs).

The waterfront is basically a promenade deck on deck 8 that leads round the ship from the forward elevators round the aft of the ship. There are a couple of bars, and outside seating areas for some of the speciality restaurants and also some seating areas. It's very nice. I like to walk round it in the mornings as well.

The details about the restaurants are on the NCL website.

Edited by KeithJenner

Spice H2O is located aft on deck 16. It is adults only during the day with hot tubs and a water fountain "foot pool" features, including a large bar to your left and a roaming hot dog cart during lunch times.

The Waterfront (deck 8) was our favorite spot with ample seating and prime ocean views.

Fat Cats Blues and Jazz Club, Malting's Beer and Whiskey Bar, Shaker's Cocktail Bar and so much more on deck 8, which takes you around for a great view of the wake of the ship.

Study the deck plans and enjoy all that Breakaway has to offer.

Happy Sailing!

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/breakaway/deck-plans

P.S. Here is a great video by CC member ChesneyGirl on Breakaway.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2033205

Hope this helps!

Edited by meatball_nyc

I'm researching our Breakaway cruise in November and keep reading about Spice H20 and the Waterfront, but I don't know what they are! Can someone please enlighten me? I'm gathering they are both places I'll want to be hanging out?

Also.....is there a list somewhere of which restaurants are free on the Breakaway and what the prices are on the extra cost restaurants??

Thanks so much!

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/DiningGuide_042115.pdf

page 2

Edited by Orleanscruiser

Thanks so much!

Hey there.... we've sailed together before in the repos !! I hope all is well ~ I am hitting the breakaway on 4/17/16 let me know if i can check anything out for you ... looks like we are reverse this year as i am serenade in November 11 !!

Edited by msjaxson