Empress question

Here's a link to an article talking about Empress to Cuba. According to the article, Vicki Freed, Royal's senior vice president of sales, trade support and services was quoted as saying “We’re not going out too far, because we’re waiting for Cuba to open up,”

http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Upgraded-Empress-could-become-Royal-Caribbean-Cuba-ship

I just hope they hold up their end of the bargain in fulfilling the cruises they have scheduled. We were booked on the 3/30 cruise, first one out of dry-dock, and it was cancelled 12 days before sailing, 11 days before we were scheduled to leave for Florida to celebrate our 36 wedding anniversary and return to Key West (our honeymoon destination, which is why we picked this short cruise).

We re-booked for the 4/30 cruise (same itinerary) and just hope they honor their commitment. We lost enough money on their negligence, mismanagement or greed (because I don't think we'll honestly ever know why the first 6 sailings were cancelled) and hope it doesn't happen again! But some how I can see them getting the green light for Cuba and kicking us all out again, which will be the end of me on RC, or any RC affiliated cruise line, if that happens!

Edited by djandnic

I just hope they hold up their end of the bargain in fulfilling the cruises they have scheduled. We were booked on the 3/30 cruise, first one out of dry-dock, and it was cancelled 12 days before sailing, 11 days before we were scheduled to leave for Florida to celebrate our 36 wedding anniversary and return to Key West (our honeymoon destination, which is why we picked this short cruise).

We re-booked for the 4/30 cruise (same itinerary) and just hope they honor their commitment. We lost enough money on their negligence, mismanagement or greed (because I don't think we'll honestly ever know why the first 6 sailings were cancelled) and hope it doesn't happen again! But some how I can see them getting the green light for Cuba and kicking us all out again, which will be the end of me on RC, or any RC affiliated cruise line, if that happens!

We're from Pittsburgh and big Steeler fans. Hopefully we'll see you on the ship. But I feel the same way. My husband and I were booked on the 3/30 sailing and leaving the day before as well. We rebooked for the 4/30 sailing as well. Hopefully, it's a go, if they cancel again because the can get into Cuba, I will never sail with them again.

We're from Pittsburgh and big Steeler fans. Hopefully we'll see you on the ship. But I feel the same way. My husband and I were booked on the 3/30 sailing and leaving the day before as well. We rebooked for the 4/30 sailing as well. Hopefully, it's a go, if they cancel again because the can get into Cuba, I will never sail with them again.

Hope to see you on board! We'll usually at the pool bar after we get on, and most days there after!!:D

I feel like I am taking a huge gamble. Rescheduled our April 11th cruise to last published July sailing due to issues with rescheduling vacation time from work. Check everyday to see if Empress sailings have disappeared for booking like they did almost a week before Royal finally admitted there was a problem when they officially booted us off almost 2 weeks ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk