Silhouette Dry Dock

stickey_mouse

I read that the Silhouette was originally destined for a dry dock in 2016, but I can't find the dry dock on the schedule. Is this because it won't be undergoing one this year, because it received an emergency dry dock in January 2015? If that's the case, does anybody know what changes (if any) it received during that dry dock (other than fixing its mechanical issues)?

I read that the Silhouette was originally destined for a dry dock in 2016, but I can't find the dry dock on the schedule. Is this because it won't be undergoing one this year, because it received an emergency dry dock in January 2015? If that's the case, does anybody know what changes (if any) it received during that dry dock (other than fixing its mechanical issues)?

Dry dock was scheduled for May 2016, but on Celebrity's website there is no break on their May or June cruises. I guess you could call Celebrity to find out if they have had a change.

• 3 months later...

There is a break in the schedule from 1 June until 27 June 2017 in Stockholm.

Is this for a renovation of the ship? What are the advantages and disadvanges of being on the last cruise before this schedule break?

Please read the attached thread discussing the Emergency Dry Dock of the Silhouette in January of this year. Seems it was having propulsion issues that was causing it to arrive late at some ports.

I haven't read the full thread but it appears the main reason was for the propulsion and that a proposed update from Cellar Masters to the Gastro Pub was not done (a good thing IMHO).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2144417

• 2 weeks later...