Glory vs Magic

MomofTheBoy

You all are the smartest cruisers I know and the majority of you have been on more cruises then I have and more ships so I'm coming to you for your opinion. I REFUSE to be n my lovely city for Christmas....REFUSE. There are two 7 day cruises that depart on Christmas Eve that interest me: Glory out of Miami and Magic out of Orlando. It will be me and my then 6 year old son. Just realized Glory did NOT have waterworks so I don't know if my DS can get on the waterslides they have available. Price is comparable so that isn't an issue. Thoughts, pros, cons, etc are greatly appreciated.

Magic - in a landslide! My 6 year old (5 last year on the Breeze - Magic's sister - loved the waterworks and slides. Glory's slide is lame ;)

We loved the Breeze so much as a family that we have booked a 10 day back to back cruise (a 3 day and a 7 day) on the Magic in 20 days!

I fully expect the Magic to be at least as good as the Breeze.

OMG, it's Magic! I spent 14 days on Magic in Oct & Nov, and did 2 Journey cruises on Glory in Jan & Feb.

Magic has so much more to offer, it's newer, just out of dry dock updates, it's not even close.

Magic was the nicest Carnival ship that I have sailed on, and that's 28 cruises.

We just booked the Magic in August. Never cruised out of port canaveral. Looking at some snooze and cruise packages at goportcanaveral.com or booking a room near airport and taking Cotran shuttle

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by angiem0217

We just booked the Magic in August. Never cruised out of port canaveral. Looking at some snooze and cruise packages at goportcanaveral.com or booking a room near airport and taking Cotran shuttle

Thank you!!! This was just what I needed!

Lots of shuttles from MCO (orlando airport) to port canaveral.

Several hotels at port canaveral have, as were mentioned, overnight deals and shuttle services.

Trust me from Orlando airport plenty of ways to canaveral.

That we are the smartest cruisers you know. :D

That was being responded to. Lol

You guys are!!! From some of the trip reports I've read I've wanted to trade in my family for some minions, get some new friends. One even had me ready to get married to a marine and get two teenage sons!!!!:D :cool: Just from this thread alone I've figured out where to go, where to stay and how to get there. You guys are the bees knees!!!!!!

I have used a shuttle service from MCO to the port. Road Runner was my favorite, not too expensive and seemed very nice. I have also used Cocoa Beach shuttle and had no problem. I usually stay at the LaQuinta , it is a few miles away from the port. They offer a nice breakfast and shuttle to the port. The Radisson has a great pool though, and a view of the port. There is something nice to wake up and see your ship docked. It is a bit more expensive but I had a nice stay.

Edited by dacsmom

What did you think made Breeze better than Magic? Just curious- not disagreeing.

While I can't speak for the poster, its interior decor is the most subdued and laid back of Carnival.

The garish tacky chic of Carnival is not part of the Breeze. The Magic still has some of Joe Farcus in it.

See if you can find pics of both Atriums, you will see the difference.

While I can't speak for the poster, its interior decor is the most subdued and laid back of Carnival.

The garish tacky chic of Carnival is not part of the Breeze. The Magic still has some of Joe Farcus in it.

See if you can find pics of both Atriums, you will see the difference.

Thank you- that makes sense.

We did the Glory in Dec. 2013 and had one of our best cruises. One of the main reasons, though, was because of the awesome cabin we had, 9201, a 6K grand scenic ocean view. Trust me when I say those are awesome ;) They are also a great bargain considering they are usually a little less expensive than a regular balcony. That being said, we also had very good service and one of the best CDs we ever had while on the Glory (Matt Mitcham), though he is earmarked now for the Vista.

Unfortunately, not all ships have those cabins, and I do like a lido-deck balcony, so we usually take those on the newer ships (Dream class) and try to get far enough forward that we are not looking down at a hot tub on the lanai (deck 5). We've been on the Breeze twice and are doing the Magic next February. We also have never cruised out of Canaveral, so I've been doing research, too. With the Magic just coming out of dry dock and getting more of the 2.0 upgrades, I expect it will be very similar to the Breeze, with just a little more Vegas-style glitz, which, to tell the truth, I don't really mind.

The Glory is a few years older than the Magic, and the Magic will have a few more bells and whistles, but the Glory does have the Guy's Burgers and other 2.0upgrades. The Glory is going in for another dry dock next spring.

That being said, we also chose the Magic for our next cruise since the Breeze is moving to Texas and the Vista is a lot of $$$ for next year.

I also used goportcanaveral.com to book our lodging and parking/transport. I love little Mom and Pop hotels and we stayed at Wakulla Suites. I loved the landscaping and it was just a quaint hotel that reminds me of days gone by.

Sooooo I take it you all love the Magic huh LOL. Ok so I've sailed out of Miami and once from California. Help me figure out how to get from Orlando to Port and where to stay!

We booked the Magic for January 2017. We are flying into Melbourne, which is about 47 miles from PC. Airfare is way cheaper to MLB than Orlando. Staying at the Hilton Rialto in Melbourne and taking the shuttle or car rental to PC.