FTTF luggage tags?

jdemps

Let's all face it. Fttf is a bit of a scam. Big money-maker for Carnival with few benefits and not very well organized.

Let's all face it - Strictly your opinion, others have a different opinion as FTTF usually sells out on every cruise.

unfortunately the whole thing is dependent on the porters. which in my past dealings they could care less about priority bags.

-in the baltimore port they don't have the orange tags and the bags are suppose to be sorted out once inside the terminal.

-my last cruise out of miami on 3/19/16 i specifically pointed out the priority luggage tags and asked for the orange tags. porter said he didn't have them on him at the moment but would put them on when he took them to the terminal. no surprise my bags came to the room late with one bag not arriving till almost 9pm(the bag i needed to change for dinner of course). and there was no orange tags on any of them.:mad:

it is a great perk getting your bags first with FTTF and Platinum and above status, but there has to be a better system then what they do now. you shouldn't have to ask and pretty much beg the porters to do their jobs and put orange stickers on the bags. and the last thing you want to do when you get to the port is stay with the porter and follow them to the terminal with your bags to make sure they put the proper identification on your bags.

Same problem in long beach. I have to keep remembering to ask for those Orange stickers.

I no longer see carnival from my condo front porch :(

I have never even pointed it out to the porter. Only once did I have an issue and that was with FFTF and the orange tag was on but I did not get my bag. I went down to Customer Service and they traced the bag. The next morning I got a phone call and they had credited my account for the refund of FFTF.

What would you get if you were platinum or diamond?? It was a perk before FTTF was created.

I no longer see carnival from my condo front porch :(

Also if you are doing a carnival transfer from airport to port, you need to make sure they put the orange sticker on right there at the airport bc they take your luggage from the bus and give to the porters once you get to port (or at least for us they did). 2 yrs ago when we had fttf and a transfer i kept asking for the orange sticker and they acted like i was crazy and kept telling me to get it at the port. But i explained to them that once my luggage goes on the bus i dont see it again until it gets to my cabin. They agreed... So how could i put the orange sticker on at the port! Needless to say i wouldnt let them load our luggage until i got the orange sticker and had them call a supervisor to find out where they were (in a desk drawer). Now this was 2 yrs ago so hopefully they have got there act together by now.

If you have FTTF, does your luggage tag notate that somehow? Do we give the bags to the same porters as everyone? thanks.

We went out of Port Canaveral on the Valor two weeks ago. We had four bags (a suitcase and a backpack each), and the porter immediately put a second bright orange tag on our bags for FTTF. We tipped $5 for all four bags, and our luggage arrived fairly quickly.

Let's all face it. Fttf is a bit of a scam. Big money-maker for Carnival with few benefits and not very well organized.

Not at all for us! We've had it twice. I hate carrying around my wine/cans on deck until rooms are ready, but more importantly, I love not having to wait in line at guest services to ask questions. I was on the sailing of the Valor with the medical emergency that resulted in getting us back to port late. The lines were CRAZY long as people needed to make adjustments to flights, hotels and transportation. It was well worth it to me to not have to wait in the line 30 people deep (the Diamond/Platinum/FTTF line was never more than 4 people). Is it obnoxiously privileged? Absolutely. Am I happy to pay the extra money for that obnoxious privilege? Absolutely.

I guess that it is good that the least important perk is also the most unreliable perk (at least for us anyway). On our last cruise, we sailed with four other couples - all of whom had their luggage before us and not of which had FTTF. On two before that the luggage came after the drill and on one after dinner. It may be because we arrive early and other stuff gets put around it and it gets buried, or it may just be bad luck. On our last eight cruises, we only got our stuff early once!

Like I said, however, its not an important perk to us, but it is poorly run.

We also did not get our luggage until after dinner went to customer service . they also traced our luggage and refunded the FTTF cost

We were also refunded the FTTF cost when our bags didn't show up early (we did get them before dinner though). I asked our Steward if he knew where they may be and I guess he notified Guest Services, the next morning we got a message on our phone that they had refunded the fee. I didn't even have to ask and we were still able to take advantage of all the other perks! :)