FTTF luggage tags?

jdemps

unfortunately the whole thing is dependent on the porters. which in my past dealings they could care less about priority bags.

-in the baltimore port they don't have the orange tags and the bags are suppose to be sorted out once inside the terminal.

-my last cruise out of miami on 3/19/16 i specifically pointed out the priority luggage tags and asked for the orange tags. porter said he didn't have them on him at the moment but would put them on when he took them to the terminal. no surprise my bags came to the room late with one bag not arriving till almost 9pm(the bag i needed to change for dinner of course). and there was no orange tags on any of them.:mad:

it is a great perk getting your bags first with FTTF and Platinum and above status, but there has to be a better system then what they do now. you shouldn't have to ask and pretty much beg the porters to do their jobs and put orange stickers on the bags. and the last thing you want to do when you get to the port is stay with the porter and follow them to the terminal with your bags to make sure they put the proper identification on your bags.

After I print my luggage tags but before I "laminate" them with packing tape, I use markers to color in the FTTF logo so that it stands out on my black and white tag. If it helps, great. If it wasn't necessary I feel more secure it will go right.:D

Edited by musikfans

If Carnival made the tags for priority boarding orange when you print them then the porter problem goes away. Our first platinum cruise we did not know about the orange sticker and the porter didnt bother to look, we got our luggage around 7pm.

I didn't mention FTTF to the porter, and he didn't put any orange tags on either. However, I did give him a few bucks, and we had our bags by 3:30.

Not sure if it was because we were there early, or we had FTTF, or because of the tip, or just dumb luck, but I was happy. :D

I never actually hand my tip to the porters until all my bags have orange stickers.

The cash is in my hand, sticking out of both ends of my fist, but I wait them out.

And they figure it out really, really fast. They almost break a leg getting the stickers on my bags so they can get my cash and get back in the hunt for the next tipper.

I never actually hand my tip to the porters until all my bags have orange stickers.

The cash is in my hand, sticking out of both ends of my fist, but I wait them out.

And they figure it out really, really fast. They almost break a leg getting the stickers on my bags so they can get my cash and get back in the hunt for the next tipper.

We had Fttf on our first cruise. Didn't know about the stickers, didn't get our luggage until around 8.

We have it on our cruise in May....I think I'll try it this way!

If Carnival made the tags for priority boarding orange when you print them then the porter problem goes away. Our first platinum cruise we did not know about the orange sticker and the porter didnt bother to look, we got our luggage around 7pm.

The problem is that there is always a deck on the ship who's luggage color is orange. So if they pre printed FTTF/Priority tags orange, they would go to the wrong deck. The orange sticker that they manually put on is much brighter orange.

Perhaps do a striped tag or polka dots or something that makes them visibly different from the standard tags.

Why not just edit the tag in MS Paint and make the background orange?

Why not just edit the tag in MS Paint and make the background orange?

Because the background color of the luggage tag helps them determine which deck the item is sent to.

The orange stickers alert them to process the FTTF pieces first.

I can just imagine the staff scratching their heads if they encountered luggage tags with a bright orange background (of course then they would have to look at the printed cabin number).

Because the background color of the luggage tag helps them determine which deck the item is sent to.

The orange stickers alert them to process the FTTF pieces first.

I can just imagine the staff scratching their heads if they encountered luggage tags with a bright orange background (of course then they would have to look at the printed cabin number).

I would't think that the standard at home printer would print a bright orange tag anyway. There is already a deck on each ship that has orange assigned to it. On Glory if I remember right it's deck 6.

Since they don't mail tags anymore (and if they did I'm sure people would be selling them on eBay!), unless they were to make them totally different than any other deck, there's really no way to distinguish it from any other bag. The FTTF logo doesn't stand out enough to be seen at a glance in a sea full of luggage. So I guess we're stuck with the stickers for now.

Actually the more I think about it, I think they should do a red, white, and blue color blocking pattern. Red top third, white middle third (where all the passenger info goes), and blue bottom third. That would make it stick out pretty well. And no more having to deal with stickers. They're horrible to get off the reusable luggage tags I hear.

this is why carnival needs to revamp the priority luggage perk.

-carnival needs to be in charge of the way it is done. either you print out a special second luggage tag that is dated for that cruise only and put it on your bag, or something else. it should not be handled by an outside entity as it is now by the porters. they don't work for carnival and don't care about priority luggage. all they want to do is get the bags from point A to point B as fast as possible, and to collect as many tips along the way as they can.

-and again you should not have to beg, or bribe the porters to do their jobs correctly and put on the orange priority luggage sticker on your bag.

I have never even pointed it out to the porter. Only once did I have an issue and that was with FFTF and the orange tag was on but I did not get my bag. I went down to Customer Service and they traced the bag. The next morning I got a phone call and they had credited my account for the refund of FFTF.

Let's all face it. Fttf is a bit of a scam. Big money-maker for Carnival with few benefits and not very well organized.

I disagree. It's a great perk when it works...and I'm willing to pay. Yes it makes money but it's not for everyone. Things don't always go correct, people make mistakes and you roll with the punches. I think Carnival did the right thing by refunding the earlier poster. In the end I'll still choose it AND now monitor my bag with the porters as others have wisely suggested.